Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bromsgrove Sporting (H) 14/09/2019 (Read 492 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Bromsgrove Sporting (H) 14/09/2019
12th Sep, 2019 at 9:30pm

This Saturday sees us again return to Crown Meadow, this time for league action with the visit of Bromsgrove Sporting. Last Saturday saw town battle to a 2-0 win over Leighton but on Tuesday St. Ives were victorious and progress to the next round of the league cup at the Trawlerboys expense. In the league town will be looking to end a run of 3 defeats and Godders thoughts must echo those of his opposite number; 'a must win at all costs' as sporting sit one place below town 1 point behind.

Visitors preview; https://bromsgrovesporting.co.uk/coaches-corner-bren-kelly-previews-lowestoft-to
wn

There are no previous encounters between the two teams, formed in 2009 out of the ashes of Bromsgrove Rovers, they have enjoyed three successive promotions up until this season but have found it a tough start and maybe the Rouslers have found their consolidation level to an extent. Club history; https://bromsgrovesporting.co.uk/history I'm not even sure if we've played Rovers either.

With 2 cup games in 4 days, it remains to be seen what the attendance will be - Norwich at home to Man city in an evening kick off could also affect the gate but all in all we hope to see another decent crowd get behind the team in what is an important game to win to raise morale a bit. If we try and keep it tight at the back then we are more than half way there.

Come on you blues!!
« Last Edit: 13th Sep, 2019 at 8:24am by Jimbo »  

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Re: Bromsgrove Sporting (H) 14/09/2019
Reply #1 - 14th Sep, 2019 at 6:14pm

my turn to go first on a synopsis from up high.
Lucky to come away with just the one conceded and three points went to the better team on the day.
Rossi may well fell  aggrieved at the gentle nudge putting him under the ball in the lead up to the goal, but he was skinned often enough anyway  to hopefully accept the score line.
Perfect day, decent surface , o.k ref and opposition who structurally were not much different to us.
Their keeper was tidy (did he actually make a significant save ) and his distribution caused us problems all afternoon, our keeper (my  star man ) excelled in one on ones and along with their wasteful electric number nine were the reasons the score line at least looked like it was a close game.
The 7 & 11's for both sides flattered to deceive with little real quality in the final third and jaciek had the easiest chance of the day, needless to say squandered.
The central four, were evenly matched , Andy's return boosted the aggression and much needed it was, of course his passing was not his best facet but a decent effort by him at least.
So to the real deciders 5.6.9 & 10's   - the two tens cancelled each other out by doing bugger as for Jake  got little change out of their solid 5 & 6 and looked deflated well before the end.
So to our 5 & 6 and the whippet like number nine , he carved a half a dozen at least good chances for himself with well timed and angled runs , if he could finish he would be leagues above  but thankfully he couldn't and our distinct lack of pace was highlighted but unpunished.
To be fair to both ours they are of course  decent and were ok until it came to pace and then just could not live with him.
Unfortunately some were way below their best  the new brigade  just looked way  way short of the physicality needed to win some battles and we cannot carry lightweights if the rest don't step it up until they toughen and sharpen up.
So no complaints we were battered , thankfully its early September and all involved can learn the lessons .
Big Big game next Saturday.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #2 - 14th Sep, 2019 at 7:05pm

Cheers, Ian. I will openly admit that I had a wager on Bromsgrove today...and for one reason only. Rossi looked like a man on his last legs last week against poor opposition and any team with a modicum of pace up front will rip us to bits. I also think that Travis has 'bulked' and could do with losing the odd ounce or two. Your comments back-up exactly what I thought.

We look (again) like a side who will concede more than we'll score. Not sure if Fisk started or not, but we're a better side with Andy sitting in front of the back 4.

I can't make next week as taking eldest son to Uni - I'll attempt to make another match when convenient.

Early days, so not all doom-and-gloom...but we need some pace in central defence.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #3 - 14th Sep, 2019 at 7:15pm

This pace was more than a modicum to be fair, yes Andy did start , with hindsight Bammo should also have started then bring on young Malachi when there is more space later on.
It was a tough day for the new lads who deserve time to adjust but as usual injuries force the managements hand in many cases.
Sad to hear Henry who improved significantly as last season progressed has done a cruciate .
Josh, jack and Connor would all improve the line up and Kieran is out there somewhere

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #4 - 14th Sep, 2019 at 7:22pm

Cheers. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. There were certainly some positive signs against Leighton that keep me optimistic. Pace...a prerequisite these days of football at any level.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 15th Sep, 2019 at 9:24am

Bromsgrove were well rested, having travelled on Friday evening. Their goal scorer Rich Gregory had to work late so  missed the bus and drove to join the others (not sure where they stayed). Of course, that option isn't available to us.
Most of their supporters made a weekend of it, some stopping Friday and some Saturday.

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search