Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Match Tickets 2019-20 (Read 2,136 times)
Tickets
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Match Tickets 2019-20
10th Jun, 2019 at 7:38am

If agreed by the Board of Directors of Lowestoft Town Football Club Ltd.

Once the league calendar is announced I will take names for match ticket sponsorship (covering the costs of paper, toner and printer). I'll volunteer my time again.

The tickets were first produced after discussions with Geoff Price when he was Chairman of the Club (in 2006 or 7, I can't remember) and there were four main aims
1) to provide security by making an easily-checked proof of payment at the turnstiles (different ticket for each match and category of admission)
2) to provide an audit trail, numbers of each category of admission can easily be checked
3) to allow individual supporters a low-cost and visible form of sponsorship (covering the cost of paper and toner in return for your name on the ticket)
4) to do all the above at NO COST to the club, allowing funds to be used elsewhere.

Two dates are taken, the one before Christmas for the Supporters' Association as usual, and the last of the season has been reserved and a donation made by Ronsdog.

If there's a particular team you have connections to
(or have friendships with their supporters) and would like your name put on the ticket you can reserve the match now.

Thanks to all those who helped last year, I anticipate the £20 per match will again cover costs. Money in advance, please.

We expect to be in the Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central, and the teams as at 10th June 2019 are

Alvechurch
Banbury United
Barwell
Biggleswade Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
Coalville Town
Hednesford Town
Hitchin Town
Kings Langley
Leiston
Lowestoft Town
Needham Market
Nuneaton Borough
Peterborough Sports
Redditch United
Royston Town
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Rushall Olympic
St Ives Town
Stourbridge
Stratford Town
Tamworth
« Last Edit: 10th Jun, 2019 at 10:08am by Tickets »  

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Re: Match Tickets 2019-20
Reply #1 - 10th Jun, 2019 at 8:22am

Put me down for the last home game of the season as normal please Paul.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #2 - 10th Jun, 2019 at 10:06am

Already noted above (in the small print Smiley )

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Boo.

Trawlerboy

Reply #3 - 12th Jun, 2019 at 12:19pm

Thank you for doing this again Paul. In addition to the things you mention, the quality of the tickets you produce, add a touch of professionalism that a few clubs at our level must envy.  Please put me down against one you have free once people have logged their preferences.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
daveradley1  
IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #4 - 15th Jun, 2019 at 4:05pm

Alvechurch
Banbury United
Barwell
Biggleswade Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
Coalville Town
Hednesford Town
Hitchin Town
Kings Langley
Trevor Tearle

Leiston
Tim Chipperfield

Lowestoft Town
Needham Market
Denise and John Neeve

Nuneaton Borough
Peterborough Sports
Redditch United
Royston Town
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Rushall Olympic
St Ives Town
Stourbridge
Stratford Town
Tamworth

Two dates are taken, the one before Christmas for the Supporters' Association as usual, and the last of the season has been reserved and a donation made by Ronsdog.

Boo, any match.

Geoff Holden  Saturday 17th August or Tuesday 20th August if possible
« Last Edit: 17th Jun, 2019 at 8:13pm by Tickets »  

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 13th Jul, 2019 at 6:10am

Green = printed
blue=paid
red=allocated

Fixtures subject to change.
List updated 13 14 15 July 2019.

(or have friendships with their supporters) and would like your name put on the ticket you can book the match tickets now.

Thanks to all those who helped last year, a donation of £20 per match will again cover costs. Money in advance, please.

Tue Aug 13 St Ives Town H
Boo

Sat Aug 17 Barwell H
Geoff Holden

Mon Aug 26 Royston Town H
Bill Belton

Sat Sep 14 Bromsgrove Sporting H
Trevor Shepherd

Sat Oct 5 Kings Langley H
Trevor Tearle

Tue Oct 15 Needham Market H
Denise and John Neeve

Sat Oct 19 Stourbridge H
Liam Tompson-Whyte

Sat Nov 2 Banbury United H
Shirley D Whitlow

Sat Nov 16 Coalville Town H
Ginger Blue

Sat Dec 7 Alvechurch H
The Woolstons

Sat Dec 14 Rushall Olympic H  
Independent Supporters Association of Lowestoft Town

Thu Dec 26 Leiston H
Tim Chipperfield

Sat Jan 4 Hednesford Town H
David Stead

Sat Jan 18 Redditch United H
Nolan Stead

Sat Feb 1 Nuneaton Borough H
AVAILABLE

Sat Feb 22 Stratford Town H
James Wright

Sat Mar 7 Biggleswade Town H
Morris Braybrooke

Sat Mar 14 Hitchin Town H
James Clarke

Sat Mar 28 A.F.C. Rushden & Diamonds H
Damion and Liam (Del Ayers)

Sat Apr 11 Peterborough Sports H
John Batchelor
(not President)

Sat Apr 18 Tamworth H
Ronsdog

The tickets were first produced after discussions with Geoff Price when he was Chairman of the Club (in 2006 or 7, I can't remember) and there were four main aims
1) to provide security by making an easily-checked proof of payment at the turnstiles (different ticket for each match and category of admission)
2) to provide an audit trail, numbers of each category of admission can easily be checked
3) to allow individual supporters a low-cost and visible form of sponsorship (covering the cost of paper and toner in return for your name on the ticket)
4) to do all the above at NO COST to the club, allowing funds to be used elsewhere

Thank-you very much to all the people who have agreed to cover the costs of ticket production.
« Last Edit: 15th Jul, 2019 at 7:49pm by Tickets »  

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 16th Jul, 2019 at 12:40pm

Green = printed
blue=paid
red=allocated

List updated 16 July 2019.

(or have friendships with their supporters) and would like your name put on the ticket you can book the match tickets now.

Thanks to all those who helped last year, a donation of £20 per match will again cover costs. Money in advance, please.

Boo

Sat Aug 17 Barwell H
Geoff Holden

Bill Belton

Trevor Shepherd

Trevor Tearle

Denise and John Neeve

Sat Oct 19 Stourbridge H
Liam Tompson-Whyte

Shirley D Whitlow

Ginger Blue

Sat Dec 7 Alvechurch H
The Woolstons

Thu Dec 26 Leiston H
Tim Chipperfield

David Stead

Nolan Stead

RESERVED

James Wright

Morris Braybrooke

James Clarke

John Batchelor
(not President)

Sat Apr 18 Tamworth H
Ronsdog

4) to do all the above at NO COST to the club, allowing funds to be used elsewhere

Thank-you very much to all the people who have agreed to cover the costs of ticket production.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #7 - 16th Jul, 2019 at 5:42pm

I'll make another donation to the 'Visitors Rosy Lee Fund' again, Tickets. I'll weigh you in when we next meet (Saturdays are going to be awkward as I attend an antique auction every 2nd Saturday so I hope the away fixtures don't clash).

Too lethargic to check the calendar now.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #8 - 16th Jul, 2019 at 8:08pm

Hi Tickets Smiley
Perhaps you can throw some light onto the sponsors of .....

Sat Dec 14 Rushall Olympic H   Independent Supporters Association of Lowestoft Town.....

Not a grouping that I'm familiar with.🤔

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #9 - 16th Jul, 2019 at 9:32pm

Thanks Plumstead Blue.
Ronsdog. I don't think it's a grouping anyone is familiar with.
About time we had an independent suppporters club though, maybe?

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #10 - 16th Jul, 2019 at 9:35pm

List updated 17 July 2019.

Green = printed
blue=paid
red=allocated

Boo

Sat Aug 17 Barwell H
Geoff Holden

Bill Belton

Trevor Shepherd

Trevor Tearle

Denise and John Neeve

Sat Oct 19 Stourbridge H
Liam Tompson-Whyte

Shirley D Whitlow

Ginger Blue

Sat Dec 7 Alvechurch H
The Woolstons

Thu Dec 26 Leiston H
Tim Chipperfield

David Stead

Nolan Stead

Rev. Clive Sutcliffe

James Wright

Morris Braybrooke

James Clarke

John Batchelor
(not President)

Sat Apr 18 Tamworth H
Ronsdog

« Last Edit: 17th Jul, 2019 at 9:21am by Tickets »  

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #11 - 7th Aug, 2019 at 8:12am

Temporary problem, I'm waiting for instructions from the League.
The sponsor details and where we can print them are a bit complicated.
I think the latest advice says we can't show the logo to or associate it with anyone under 25, which means that it should not appear on any of the match tickets. In an attempt to get ahead I have printed the first three matches, with logo.
Oh well, so much for timely preparation.

Most of our squad are under 25, so can't be shown on the front of the programme if I'm correct.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #12 - 7th Aug, 2019 at 11:48am

Mmmm 🤔

So the fallout from accepting a betting company as sponsors of the league continues. We all knew that accepting monies from Bet Victor was going to be fraught with problems as was pointed out in the NEW sponsor thread.....http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1560727163

Here's the view of the Bishop Stortford web site admin........

There's an Isthmian League meeting today where clubs will be preached at and told what they are and aren't allowed to put on their own websites, and what they must put on them.

There is an eight page document listing what we must and mustn't do. This includes adding age verification software that must be uploaded to websites, with the usual suggestion that we all convert to the abortion they call pitchero.

Stortford are aware that I would rather gouge my own eyes out with a ballpoint pen than use pitchero.

Somewhere along the line, the people who run the Isthmian League (and probably the Southern and NPL if my experience with the former is typical) seem to have lost sight of the fact that they are employed to work for the clubs. The vast majority of website managers at step 3 & 4 are volunteers, this is a massive ballsache. I don't do it to mess around promoting betting companies, I don't need to spend my life checking that we haven't inadvertently broken regulations regarding under-25s and gambling. I doubt that I'm abnormal (something of a rarity) in that respect. I do it to help BSFC (it's the only journalism I do for free) and I'll put up with normal, boring, website maintenance, but this is getting to the point and when I get the first stroppy complaint from the Isthmian League I'll probably feel like chucking it in. As we're top of the alphabetical list of premier clubs (though the league don't seem to know that Hornchurch have dropped the AFC) and we're launching a new website this week, I imagine that's be pretty soon. Because there's a long list of do's and don'ts, along with things we may do but certainly won't be bothering with.

I'd like to know how much extra BetVictor (and we mustn't call them Bet Victor or the planet will implode) are putting in. Their sponsorship covers 228 clubs, how much extra per club can this really be worth?. A grand would be a drop in the ocean at most (all?) step 3 clubs, especially when it's driving everyone mad. My understanding is that Bostik/Evo-Stik were willing to continue, and as Ryman (arguably the most loyal major sponsor football has ever had) dumped the Isthmian shortly after Robinson succeeded Alan Turvey, that's entirely believable.

The whole thing has been a shambles from the word go. And the word go was delayed a week while they faffed around. The Isthmian have had to pay their bench-wear supplier compensation because they told them in February to proceed with getting Bostik logos printed up. The new kit logos were only sent to manufacturers on Thursday - nine days before some of the clubs kick off. They didn't even provide jpegs for clubs to use on their websites when the (delayed) initial announcement was made, and then had the cheek to moan at clubs who'd found logos online and used the wrong one. 

A sizable chunk of the eight page instructions is a justification of why they've decided to go with a betting company despite all of the problems it's generated, so clearly they're taking some flack for this. And that flack is more than justified, because this is a complete mess.........

A complete mess is hardly overstating the current situation.
The FA with their usual incompetence has allowed this situation to arise. One might have thought that the experience of the Football League in allowing Sky Bet sponsorship and its attendant problems would have steered them away from repeating the mistake. But clearly not.

Good luck with getting advice from the FA/Southern League on the way forward Tickets.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #13 - 7th Aug, 2019 at 4:24pm

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, Tickets. In my capacity with London Hibs, we freely used the Marathon Bet logo for several years and they turned a blind eye. Before that it was Whyte & MacKay...they also didn't care a jot and before that it was Crabbies. You guessed it, not one word was uttered.

I very much doubt that the legal folks at the FA and/or Chandlers are going to kick-up any sort of issue. Just plead ignorance if there are repercussions...it's hardly 'Crime of the Century'.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #14 - 7th Aug, 2019 at 11:02pm

No stranger to controversy, Wayne Rooney, has now become embroiled in the moral issues of bookmakers sponsoring football....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49265227.

I wonder if the 'saintly' Coleen occasionally punts on her hubbies behalf 🤑😉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search