Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Quarter Review 2018/19 (Read 468 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
First Quarter Review 2018/19
5th Nov, 2018 at 11:24pm

With 25% of the season gone and early exits from both the Trophy and FA Cup it's been a really difficult and disappointing start to our 2018/19 season.

Much as we expected and predicted then......
http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1532094132
We currently find ourselves in a struggle for points at the wrong end of the table.☹️

After a stuttering start with early defeats we found a bit of form in late August especially over the Bank Holiday weekend with wins over Stratford and Kings Lynn.
Since then we have managed just two points. Thanks to a draw away at Bedworth and by the same at home thanks to the goalless encounter v Barwell. Two points from a possible 24 is both worrying and depressing.

Our measly total of 12 goals from 13 games is a worrying statistic also, particularly when 19 is registered in the debit column. It's clear that finding the net, coupled with a habit of leaking late goals is where the problem lies.😱

Godders has had to be busy in the loan market thanks to our chronic injury list and this unfortunate turn of events, alongside our restricted budget only adds to our current plight.

Thankfully we haven't resorted to the long ball hoof and I admire the belief we have shown in trying to play our way out of trouble. If we are still rooted in the bottom three come the New Year then we may have to adapt to a more direct approach.
However with Schaar, Bammant and Fowkes all failing to provide the ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ it may require something even more radical.

Between now and then we have some winnable games, six pointers among them, to help ease the pressure.
As we enter the Winter campaign I trust that our fortunes will turn and the fans don't turn on both the players and management team.

As a team we generally tend to fare better in the second half of the season. 
Here's hoping.🙏🏻

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Re: First Quarter Review 2018/19
Reply #1 - 7th Nov, 2018 at 5:35pm

may seem odd considering our position but I have enjoyed the performances far more than last year, only once seen them outplayed and to be honest of  those that left, as good as they were only jake has left a void we are nowhere near filling.
I don't even find the undoubted more watchable style of play as the real difference, its the attitude , effort and application put in by all that puts last years team at times to shame.

Elvijs , Adam Tann and Rossi have been excellent in performance and leadership, the likes of Josh, Keiran and Matt have quickly adjusted to this level and Henry is not far off. The three young loanees have all shown ability and committment , Jaimie and Andy should be roundly  commended for their efforts.
The downside of course is the long list of absentees and I know it cannot be helped but the likes of Sean, Andy and Adam are not exactly  new to the sidelines, Jaciek and Travis until this year were more reliable .

To finish on a positive , the absences have given many more opportunities to the youngsters and if they beef up &  learn quickly , some old heads returning and in my opinion a slightly easier league should see us climb to mid table safety.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: First Quarter Review 2018/19
Reply #2 - 11th Nov, 2018 at 6:59am

I agree  Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search