Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hitchin Town (H) 18/08/2018 (Read 905 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Hitchin Town (H) 18/08/2018
17th Aug, 2018 at 12:55pm

We welcome Hitchin Town on Saturday in what will be the first league meeting between the two clubs.
Our only previous encounter saw us run out 3-1 winners in 2011/12 FA Trophy 2nd Qual Round at Hitchin.

Both clubs are seeking their first points of the season and in our case we have yet to trouble the scorer.
https://www.sofascore.com/lowestoft-town-hitchin-town/Haosoup

Last time out Hitchin were demolished 8-1 at Needham Market with our old boy Joe Marsden bagging a hat trick.
https://youtu.be/-ewBVsh4huE
Hitchin were short of two influential defenders, who should return this weekend so I am expecting a close encounter.

Our inability to find the net has cost us badly over the past couple of games, losing to two very late goals,  having enjoyed the majority of possession.
Hopefully Bammant or Schaar can finally turn spurned chances into goals and kick start our season.

Prediction 1-1

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Hitchin Town (H) 18/08/2018
Reply #1 - 18th Aug, 2018 at 8:05am

Here will be photos
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10215216920048569&type=1&l=5621290630
just the one for now  Smiley

Today Lowestoft Town FC will welcome Hitchin Town FC to the Amber Dew Events Stadium. There will be football and quite probably some beer Smiley
But not in engraved glasses.
Photo shows former Lowestoft resident Mike Thorn's glass being put into use on his return to Hitchin from Sponsheim with the Hitchin Band.

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #2 - 18th Aug, 2018 at 4:28pm

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #3 - 18th Aug, 2018 at 7:34pm

I told a Hitchin supporter that I thought Hitchin had visited Lowestoft in 1955. I think I was mistaken. it was Lowestoft who travelled to Hitchin in 1953-4 in the FA Cup.
We went there again (we went to this one I think) in 2011-12 in the FA trophy.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/hitchin-town-1-lowestoft-town-3-1-11...

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #4 - 18th Aug, 2018 at 11:08pm

Tickets wrote on 18th Aug, 2018 at 7:34pm:
I told a Hitchin supporter that I thought Hitchin had visited Lowestoft in 1955. I think I was mistaken. it was Lowestoft who travelled to Hitchin in 1953-4 in the FA Cup.
We went there again (we went to this one I think) in 2011-12 in the FA trophy.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/hitchin-town-1-lowestoft-town-3-1-11...

Well spotted Tickets👏
The FA Cup Tie 53/54, 1st Qual Rd, which I missed in the preview, is listed on Football Club Histories as finishing 3-3.
Is this a misprint? I can find no evidence of a replay but we went through to the the 2nd  Qual Rd.

Clearly a question for Terry Lynes next time I see him.

A good result today and even better to see three different scorers. We're off and running😎
« Last Edit: 19th Aug, 2018 at 4:06pm by Ronsdog »  

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #5 - 19th Aug, 2018 at 8:40am

Talk about a change in fortunes Hitchin will not enjoy that journey home any more than the one after Tuesdays hammering.
I thought without being too forceful they had been on top against our rather flat and disjointed showing for the first hour, by which time they had taken the lead and seen us down to ten. Jacieks fine finish was totally  unexpected by me , then they retake the lead with a fine strike and surely that was it, see out time against our blunt attack and job done.Adam then smacks in our second and soon after the board is out to hook Bammo who was not having any influence on proceedings, strangely it went down and then their full back tries to be clever and the lively connor sets up Bammo to slide in, then he gets hooked to rapturous applause.
With no indication of how much was to be added it was fraught to say the least until the ref sparked delirium on and off the pitch with her final act.

Three points from our poorest showing and  the confidence should be rising akin to  our league position.
Special mention to Rossi, excellent for the full 90 plus this time , I thought he was ready for the knackers yard last year , star man again for me .

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #6 - 19th Aug, 2018 at 1:10pm

Lowestoft Town 3-2 Hitchin Town.
Att 461.

Finally after a rousing last 15 minutes, we can get the monkey off our backs of not having scored a goal and won a game yet. The 2 teams fought out a rather edgey and cagey first half with chances at both ends but each keeper being equal to whatever was put their way. Some present criticised the officials but they had a largely quiet game until late on that red card was issued, which I'll mention in a bit. It was probably not as good a performance as the first 2 games where late goals brought heartbreak - today though things were the opposite, despite going 2-1 downwith 10 men and 5 minutes to go.

Hitchin took the lead but credit to Lowestoft as heads didn't drop town kept coming forward. A heavy tackle involving Matt Brown saw him send off, not essentially for the tackle itself but for the handbags that followed, I didn't see it all happen but others who did said the Hitchin player shouldn't have stayed on the pitch either, and he only got a booking. This forced a change seeing Awuah come on for Higgs.

Zielonkas run down the wing saw him close in on goal, a well taken shot flew past the keeper bringing the scores level and towns first goal of the season was registered. It was a game of several corners for town and one came in, was immediately cleared for a Hitchin attack which saw Putnins exposed and Hitching slotted home an almost identical goal to their first, finding the bottom corner past an outstretched Putnins.

It was great to see smudge get on the score sheet, on his own in the box plenty of space to fire home from the 6 yard area.

Town had the never say die spirit right to the end which ensured the younger, fitter legs showing the way and the last attack of the game Zielonka closed in on goal, passing to Ingram who only had the keeper to beat but selflessly rolled the ball out to Bammant on his own who simply slotted home, sending the home crowd delirious.

I have to echo the praise for Jarvis, from start to finish he was commanding at the back and gives that bit of extra experience to the young squad. At the other end Higgs showed his speed but sometimes his final touch let him down at times. Deeks in midfield deserves a mention with his vision and distribution, especially in the second have holding the ball up well. Overall there still needs to be some work on passing and first touches, it was a game where we struggled for the second touch but as we strung more passes together late on then the game went more in our favour.

Starting 11; Putnins, Curry, Brown, Smith, Jarvis, Tann, Zielonka, Deeks Bammant, Higgs, Fowkes

subs; Wren, Pollock, Ingram, Schaar, Awuah

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 19th Aug, 2018 at 1:32pm

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search