Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prospects for 2018/19 season (Read 729 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Prospects for 2018/19 season
20th Jul, 2018 at 1:42pm

Now that the inaugural 2018/19 SL CENTRAL DIVISIONS fixtures have been published its time to speculate on the seasons fortunes for LTFC.

I note that outside of Bank Holiday fixtures our only scheduled midweek away game is a local jaunt to Needham Market. Obviously this may change as cup fixtures and postponements kick in but as it stands it seems as though we have dodged long midweek trips to the likes of Tamworth and Stratford.

The appointment of Jamie Godbold/AndyReynolds was greeted with cautious optimism by the bulk of a diminishing fan base. We can only hope that in tandem with Adam Tann their coaching abilities will galvanise a young and inexperienced side at this level, and achieve the first goal of survival.  Both Swallows and Uncle Albert, albeit with some reservation, see survival as our starting point. I'm inclined to agree with both of them....it will not be easy and I foresee any progress on last term as a bonus.

If Godders manages to steer us to a mid table spot then it will be no less a remarkable feat than Brooksy managed last term when he avoided relegation with an unpaid and much reduced squad.

Perhaps we should look to the FA Cup, with its revamped prize package, to provide the joy in the season. For the past five years we have only managed to progress to the Third Qualifying round once......should we achieve a similar outcome then we would pocket £15k........anything beyond this round would reap the club significant rewards.

PRIZE FUND PAYMENTS
Extra Preliminary Round winners (184) £2,250
Extra Preliminary Round losers (184) £750
Preliminary Round winners (160) £2,890
Preliminary Round losers (160) £960
First Round Qualifying winners (116) £6,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £9,000
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £15,000
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £25,000
First Round Proper winners (40) £36,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £54,000

On a personal note the long weekender in Stratford is already a booked outing as is the Tamworth game at home which dovetails nicely with Bob Blizzards jazz weekend.
I'm looking forward to both!

Predictions.....
....Promotion candidates
Tamworth
Kings Lynn
Rushden and Diamonds
Kettering

....Relegation fodder
St Ives
Biggleswade
Alvechurch
and possibly us☹️

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Prospects for 2018/19 season
Reply #1 - 28th Jul, 2018 at 9:29am

From what I've seen so far I'd be very disappointed if we did indeed not survive this season at this level. I'm not sure of the calibre of teams we're up against although there are obviously some good teams with investment behind them such as Lynn and Tamworth.

Our style of play has been much more on the deck rather than long lump it forward, (indeed a couple of new signings have been quoted as saying they like Goldbolds style of play and management), which will hopefully play dividends over the season both in unlocking the opposition with some pacey new attacking additions made this preseason.

As always a good cup run will benefit the club both on and especially off the pitch and im confident drawn either home or away we have a squad that is fresh and hungry for the win.

One game at a time though hey!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Re: Prospects for 2018/19 season
Reply #2 - 3rd Aug, 2018 at 4:06pm

******Latest Odds for Promotion******

Here are the latest odds for the new Southern League Premier Division Central 2018/19 season:

King’s Lynn Town 11/2
Kettering Town 11/2

Tamworth 8/1

Rushden & Diamonds 9/1

Leiston 11/1

Stourbridge 14/1

Royston Town 16/1

Alvechurch 20/1
Rushall Olympic      20/1
St Neots Town 20/1
Stratford Town      20/1

Banbury United      25/1
Bedworth United      25/1
Biggleswade Town      25/1

Barwell 28/1

Halesowen Town      33/1
Hitchin Town 33/1
Lowestoft Town      33/1
Redditch United      33/1
St Ives Town      33/1

Needham Market 40/1

Coalville Town      50/1

I maybe tempted to venture a score each way on Tamworth.....  Cheesy

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search