Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Manager (Read 3,332 times)
Tickets
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Manager
22nd May, 2018 at 5:28pm

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/dale-brooks-resigns-2308513.html
Dale, you did an excellent job, I'm very sorry to hear this news. Other than that, as I promised Shirley Whitlow, I have no comment to make  Cry

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Re: Manager
Reply #1 - 22nd May, 2018 at 10:36pm

A shame that we've lost a thorough and dedicated professional. Perhaps a little too professional for LTFC.🤔

I'm sure that in the final analysis it was the size of the playing budget that made up Dales mind.

I understand that his request for a further £30k was agreed and then subsequently withdrawn.

Either way DB will not struggle for a new job. And on a brighter note better it happened now, rather than a few weeks into the season.

Could we see the return of the Godbold and Reynolds duo?

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #2 - 23rd May, 2018 at 6:49am

IP Logged

charlie572

Come On The Blues

Reply #3 - 23rd May, 2018 at 11:05am

that's gone to simon clark and sam gaughran

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #4 - 23rd May, 2018 at 4:58pm

sad news but not that surprisingwhat a great job he did, after that  season he is probably checking in for therapy somewhere.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #5 - 23rd May, 2018 at 9:19pm

We won't replace Dale with better. How the Falkirk he managed to galvanise the squad when they had went 3-4 months being unpaid defies belief. There should be a bronze statue outside the ground for that effort (next to the one of Gary and Bullen, of course; the sought after "Deep-Throat Swallowing" cast, circa 2014).

Sad that he's gone, but not unsurprising.

I wish him continued success.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #6 - 25th May, 2018 at 8:05am

Dale Brooks - 'Why I left Lowestoft Town'

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/why-i-left-lowestoft-town-dale-brook...

The search for a new manager begins;

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/lowestoft-town-search-for-new-manage...

"A club statement said the successful applicant should have the minimum of a UEFA ‘A’ coaching badge, as well as “proven coaching/management experience at this level of the football pyramid.”

It was added that applicants “should have an expansive scouting system and have the ability to attract the best talent to the club locally and regionally.”

Anyone who would like to apply for the role should send their football-based CV to the board of directors via info@lowestofttownfc.co.uk."

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #7 - 29th May, 2018 at 6:14pm

All quiet on the forum about the next manager, let's have your ideas and speculative views

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #8 - 30th May, 2018 at 1:10pm

No prizes for predicting the return of of Jamie and Andy.......http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/godbold-named-trawlerboys-boss-2310454.htm...

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #9 - 30th May, 2018 at 3:21pm

No ambition now

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #10 - 30th May, 2018 at 5:11pm

it was meant to be, just odd with no chairman  to appoint them !

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #11 - 30th May, 2018 at 5:23pm

Welcome to Jamie and Andy!

Excellent to get this appointment done early and out of the way to prepare for the rest of the summer - -its certainly needed. Hopefully their charisma and positivity will spur the team they build on, including the your academy too keep a good momentum going and in say 5 years we could have a decent solid player base to build on. Any football club that want to be sustainable and successful in the long run needs good foundations and that wasn't in place before which is why we are in this current mess.

Hopefully this will give a lot of fans a lift in morale and have some sort of tangible effect on the attendances at the start of the season. I wonder if there were many other takers for the job?

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #12 - 30th May, 2018 at 6:03pm

Like your optimism Jimbo but I will offer another view . We're other applicants considered ( at least four applied) have we taken the cheap option or have we taken the option to appease the supporters of godbold.To support my view I understand the following after searching the internet applied Peter Mendham Robert Fleck  Tommy Taylor Darren Huckerby?? We're they considerd  or interviewed

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #13 - 30th May, 2018 at 8:31pm

swallows wrote on 30th May, 2018 at 6:03pm:
Like your optimism Jimbo but I will offer another view . We're other applicants considered ( at least four applied) have we taken the cheap option or have we taken the option to appease the supporters of godbold.To support my view I understand the following after searching the internet applied Peter Mendham Robert Fleck  Tommy Taylor Darren Huckerby?? We're they considerd  or interviewed

I'm sure they were considered or interviewed like one would be going for any other job out there, it would be silly not to find out why they went for the job, what they could potentially bring to the club and give them the budget that the'd be operating under. I cant imagine Huckerby (if he did indeed apply) would be an option we could afford in the current climate.

Maybe its something you can ask at the supporters meeting on Saturday.

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #14 - 30th May, 2018 at 9:13pm

Saturday's meeting is not about the appointment of the manager, it's about the club's finances. As an aside D H did apply

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search