Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Met Police (A) 14/04/2018 (Read 1,672 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Met Police (A) 14/04/2018
13th Apr, 2018 at 1:39pm

Our third game in five days sees us off to the Surrey suburbs on Saturday and a contest v Met Police.
https://www.sofascore.com/lowestoft-town-metropolitan-police/Yesoup

Imber Court is a ground where we haven't won since 2012/13 season and our overall record lately against the Plod is hardly convincing. Aside from when we doubled them five years ago our record reads..... Three draws and two defeats.....the last one back at the Meadow, 1-3 earlier in this campaign.
..................http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1509651898

I doubt whether there will be much of a hangover from Thursdays mauling at Harrow.
We should see the return of Fisk and Hodd which will give a more solid feel to the midfield.
Sadly it was men against boys in the middle of the park at Earlsmead, which proved to be our complete undoing, as the 'Boro ran riot.
That said, and with the possible return of Bammant, the Met are well organised  at the back and we will need the craft and guile of Batlokwa and Eagle to undo them.

If we get a full contingent out on the pitch then we could escape with a draw.
Anything more than a point would be a double bonus.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Met Police (A) 14/04/2018
Reply #1 - 13th Apr, 2018 at 8:02pm

Ronsdog wrote on 13th Apr, 2018 at 1:39pm:
Imber Court is a ground where we haven't won since 2012/13 season and our overall record lately against the Plod is hardly convincing.

That record is quite frankly criminal! I hope we can arrest this trend.

Might as well get all the plod jokes out there now...

Seriously safe journey to all those going tomorrow and good luck to the players and management!

come on you blues!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #2 - 13th Apr, 2018 at 8:45pm

I'm going undercover.

Monday and Thursday night matches don't fit my working life I have as I'm attending auctions - Saturday afternoons do.

Looking forward to it!

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #3 - 14th Apr, 2018 at 4:28pm

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #4 - 14th Apr, 2018 at 4:38pm

FT: Met Police 0-1 Lowestoft Town.
Att 80

Lowestoft grab a win to secure their step 3 status as other results go their way, Armani Schaar putting town 1-0 up early in the first half (16 minutes) and Putnins saves a penalty.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/2017-2018/isthmian-football-league-prem...

Pheww!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #5 - 14th Apr, 2018 at 6:11pm

Not so much as grabbing  a win Jimbo but a very hard worked win .every player worked tirelessly for the club and fully deserved the win. Well done also to Dale.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #6 - 14th Apr, 2018 at 8:39pm

That match could have finished any score - 2 outstanding saves by the Plod keeper in the 1st half ensured we only scored the one - a missed penalty (sorry, saved) kept our lead intact and a number of really good chances squandered by the hosts meant we crept in at HT with a 0-1 advantage.

It was 'back-to-the=wall' stuff for the early part of the 2nd half as we gifted possession all to easily. It looked as though an equaliser was inevitable, but some stoic defending saw us grab the points in a thoroughly entertaining match.

Yorkie won the 'Ball-Out-The=Ground' spread with a well judged tally of a mere 3.

Well done to Elvis between the sticks. Outstanding all afternoon.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #7 - 14th Apr, 2018 at 10:05pm

A sunny day in South West London saw smiles all round, as Lowestoft secured their Step 3 position, with a 1-0 victory over Met Police.

It might have been so different had the home side not come up against an inspired Puttnins who stopped everything that was thrown at him, including a first half penalty.
Justifiably, the 20 or so travelling fans awarded Elvijs the Man Of the Match, such was his display this afternoon.

The Met, who were neat and tidy in their build up play, caused us plenty of problems but were woefully profligate in front of goal. Time and again they gave Humphrey and Zielonka problems as they got round the back of us. On countless occasions they then squandered the chances they created and despite the pressure they never managed to find a way to the net.

We aided and abetted their efforts by carelessly surrendering possession of the football, when under no real pressure, all afternoon. The only score of the game came early on when an under pressure clearance from McAuley fell kindly to Bammant. He turned and chipped a cross to Scharr. With no defenders in evidence and in space ten yards out, Scharr set himself, and neatly slotted the ball past the home keepers outstretched left hand . 1-0 16 minutes. Joy on the terraces and in the dugout. But could we hold the lead for the next 75 mins?

Not ten minutes later we gave them a way back into it when Shaquill was felled some way into the box. Puttnins eyeballed the pen taker and pointed out to his left side. Clearly the strategy worked as Elvijs danced to his right and smothered the weakly taken kick.

We fans and the team took heart from that massive turn of good fortune, plus the efforts of Elvijs, and subsequently saw the half out with our lead intact.

The second half saw more sustained pressure from Jim Coopers outfit.
Passing out from the back they switched the play from flank to flank creating chance after chance.
But this was to be our day. For once Lady Luck was on our side. What we couldn't defend, the Plod contrived to miss with few shots on target.
Their biggest threat came from corners. But again we were equal to it with Cole and McAuley steadfastly clearing. Both will have sore heads tonight with the amount of aerials assaults that they headed out.

With Fisk and Smith in midfield, there was to be no Harrow like collapse.

With Smith playing left sided midfield, and battling all afternoon, Eagle too often found himself out on the right, not his best position. But when he did manage to cut in, his left footed strikes caused the home stopper some problems. Batlokwa showed some nice touches and might have doubled our lead late on. Slipping two defenders he found himself with a clear chance on goal.

His pacy shot though was both hasty and worthy of a Johnny Wilkinson conversion at Twickenham.
The only cheers for that one came from Hayley, as another sailed out of the ground.

After that we just had to see it out.
The ref managed to find four minutes of injury time and it was a nervy ending.
A flurry of late corners saw some anxious moments but with all eleven now defending in depth we saw it out.

The whistle blew to a chorus of rapturous applause and congratulation from the fans.
The team and Brooksy enthusiastically returned the favour. Maybe not the joy of a play off final win but certainly no less important.

Despite the trials and tribulations of a desperately disjointed season we had all stayed together as one to see the result, the management, players and fans all craved and strived for.

As a fellow fan remarked this was Brookys day if anybody's.
He hasn't flinched in his belief that we could survive and to do it with three games to spare was remarkable. This achievement will probably top his managerial CV for some time to come.

This truly was a double bonus day in so many ways.

3 to play and safe‼️🍻

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

newblueseasider

Come On The Blues

Reply #8 - 15th Apr, 2018 at 1:03pm

I'm new to this but now the Blues are safe after what seems to be a difficult season on and off the pitch I thought I would have my two pennies worth.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM / CLUB / FANS FOR STAYING UP!

I would never disagree with everyone being entitled to voice their opinion and am all for difference of opinions and airing views on things (on and off the pitch) but just wanted to give you the view of someone that had moved into the area and was looking for a local team to watch and support

Having moved into the area from afar just over a year ago I thought I would wander down to the Meadow to watch a few games early in the season - not only was it the closest ground but it was the highest local level around unless I could afford a trip to a local Championship ground.

I had been informed by the locals and work colleagues that the Blues were going through a transition stage as there had been a huge drop in playing budget and that there were young players that had never played at this level before. Straight away I thought that not only are there going to be players that had not played at this level before but there's going to be older 'better' players in the team that are used to being surrounded by a better quality player (which had moved on because they were good enough to demand better monies or opportunities elsewhere).

The football I watched were thoroughly enjoyable (more below) as the effort was there from all. You could see that there was the making of a good team / squad assembled by AG, on the budget allowed, but it would take a  few weeks or months for the team to show their full potential and the blend of old and new to complement each other.

What I saw and heard over a few months put me off visiting again (shame when the Club need footfall and money  through the turnstiles) and I wonder if any other fans stayed away for the same reason? The moaning and groaning from some fans about the players (old and new) both during games and on this forum was probably not helpful to the confidence or gelling of the team when results were going wrong.

I know a bit of criticism never does anyone any harm and they are all grown men but there were things that I saw and heard that were out of order - SUPPORT YOUR TEAM AND YOUR PLAYERS - ENCOURAGE THEM! I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN AT OTHER CLUBS AT THIS LEVEL AND IT CAN HELP GET MARVELLOUS RESULTS............

Despite not getting paid for months the players that stayed behind (I can understand why some players needed to go and get paid elsewhere and don't blame them) with the help of players that DB bought in just to fill shirts / the bench, appear to have really battled the past few weeks to secure divisional status - and against some decent teams, especially away from home.

You are very lucky to have DB at the Club and I would hope that all LTFC fans get down to the Meadow next week to encourage and show DB and his players your appreciation of their ** unpaid ** efforts - which has ensured that you loyal fans (who I must hasten to add are priceless to the existence of such clubs) have the opportunity to watch football at this level next season.

I would imagine next season with another lower level of budget will mean you fans have the opportunity again to encourage a new blend of old / new players.

ME - I will see the season out at another team that I started to watch when seeing the moaning and complaining about LTFC players started to make it a chore not a pleasure.

(Just imagine you all encouraging your players for 90 mins MAY bring better results, it would certainly make for a better atmosphere which in turn brings more fans through the gates guaranteed - which means you can then afford better players again!) Simple really?

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #9 - 15th Apr, 2018 at 9:41pm

Shirley's photos from the match. http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/photos/met-police-v-lowestoft-town-saturday-14-...
She hears all the moans, groans and foul and disgusting comments from a group of supporters when she sits in front of them, but having been brought up in the sticks is used to agricultural language. I agree with newblue, it's out of order.

Ronsdog wrote on 14th Apr, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Batlokwa showed some nice touches and might have doubled our lead late on. Slipping two defenders he found himself with a clear chance on goal.

His pacy shot though was both hasty and worthy of a Johnny Wilkinson conversion at Twickenham.
The only cheers for that one came from Hayley, as another sailed out of the ground.

and lost me my balls out of the ground win Sad

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #10 - 16th Apr, 2018 at 1:11am

newblueseasider wrote on 15th Apr, 2018 at 1:03pm:
I'm new to this but now the Blues are safe after what seems to be a difficult season on and off the pitch I thought I would have my two pennies worth.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM / CLUB / FANS FOR STAYING UP!

I would never disagree with everyone being entitled to voice their opinion and am all for difference of opinions and airing views on things (on and off the pitch) but just wanted to give you the view of someone that had moved into the area and was looking for a local team to watch......

.......I would imagine next season with another lower level of budget will mean you fans have the opportunity again to encourage a new blend of old / new players.

ME - I will see the season out at another team that I started to watch when seeing the moaning and complaining about LTFC players started to make it a chore not a pleasure.

It's always good to have a Leiston fans view 😄👏

IP Logged

newblueseasider

Come On The Blues

Reply #11 - 16th Apr, 2018 at 8:44pm

Ronsdog - WRONG! I’ve never been to Leiston or watched Leiston play football in my life.....

It’s a team two steps lower that I chose to watch a few times the past few months - I would love to be tempted back to the Meadow next season though by hearing about a good atmosphere at the ground and not having to listen to old boys in the crowd moaning about the players after the efforts of the last few weeks (on a schedule that would have Premier League players crying of fatigue!)

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #12 - 16th Apr, 2018 at 11:25pm

newblueseasider wrote on 16th Apr, 2018 at 8:44pm:
Ronsdog - WRONG! I’ve never been to Leiston or watched Leiston play football in my life.....
- I would love to be tempted back to the Meadow next season though by hearing about a good atmosphere at the ground and not having to listen to old boys in the crowd moaning about the players.....

Fair comment NewBlue ‼️

As only an occasional homester I have yet to encounter the element that you and Tickets refer to. Likewise visiting fans are generally fulsome in their praise (Wealdstone excepted) for the welcome and atmosphere at the Meadow.

It's a shame to hear that your match day experiences have been spoilt by the more ribald behaviour and Anglo-Saxon comments by a minority.
I do recall the side being booed off in recent times notably in the Con North and various Cup disasters. Every club has its element. They need to be engaged, that's what stewards are for.

I have to say that this season, by observation, I havent noticed a negative vibe but moreover a generally supportive crowd.

By contrast the regular awaysters are quite a jovial bunch.
We were even pondering the Mystery of the non appearing Parakeets on Saturday
A regular feature on previous trips to Molesey. 🐔

Perhaps you might wish give it another go on Tuesday evening or Saturday NewBlue.
Better still rock up for the pair👍

EDP report (Terry Lynes) ....... http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/lowestoft-town-fc-1-5476905

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #13 - 17th Apr, 2018 at 9:36pm

Ronsdog wrote on 16th Apr, 2018 at 11:25pm:
By contrast the regular awaysters are quite a jovial bunch.
We were even pondering the Mystery of the non appearing Parakeets on Saturday
A regular feature on previous trips to Molesey. 🐔

I never even noticed the disappearing Parakeets, it must be my age  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search