Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Supporters meeting: Thursday 22nd March @ 19:30 (Read 5,047 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Supporters meeting: Thursday 22nd March @ 19:30
17th Mar, 2018 at 10:18am

The club can confirm we will be holding a supporters meeting next Thursday 22nd March starting at 19:30, doors & bar will be open at 19:00.

This will give the club a chance to relay further information about our current position and our plans for the future.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-supporters-meeting-2219234....

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Supporters meeting: Thursday 22nd March @ 19:30
Reply #1 - 18th Mar, 2018 at 7:50am

Jimbo wrote on 17th Mar, 2018 at 10:18am:
The club can confirm we will be holding a supporters meeting next Thursday 22nd March starting at 19:30, doors & bar will be open at 19:00.

This will give the club a chance to relay further information about our current position and our plans for the future.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-supporters-meeting-2219234....

I'll try to be there: it depends on work.

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Re: Supporters meeting: POSTPONED 22/03/2018
Reply #2 - 22nd Mar, 2018 at 11:43am

**PLEASE NOTE THIS MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED**

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/supporters-meeting-postponed-2227347.html

"The club can confirm that tonight’s scheduled meeting with the supporters has been postponed.

After speaking with key individuals and consulting fans, we felt we needed more time to gather more information to give a clearer picture of the situation to you - the fans.

It has taken more time to gather everything together than we first thought. We planned to lay out information what we currently have included specifics on supplier invoices, wages, ownership of the land along with other costs which a lot of supporters were interested in.

However, we believe the full picture wouldn’t be given out tonight after all due to information we are still awaiting.

Once we have this information, a full presentation will be made and the club will release a new date for a supporters meeting."

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #3 - 22nd Mar, 2018 at 12:03pm

So the can is kicked down the road again.....how much longer are we going to be left waiting?

We need a full and frank disclosure of all relevant matters that pertain to the club.

The uncertainty simply feeds suspicions which in turn breeds rumours.

We need some real leadership from the board and not obfuscation.

Who is acting Chairman currently?

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Dockside Dandy

Come On The Blues

Reply #4 - 22nd Mar, 2018 at 12:40pm

indeed, I vote PB for Chairman...

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Re: Supporters meeting: POSTPONED 22/03/2018
Reply #5 - 23rd Mar, 2018 at 2:59am

Jimbo wrote on 22nd Mar, 2018 at 11:43am:
**PLEASE NOTE THIS MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED**

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/supporters-meeting-postponed-2227347.html

"The club can confirm that tonight’s scheduled meeting with the supporters has been postponed.

After speaking with key individuals and consulting fans, we felt we needed more time to gather more information to give a clearer picture of the situation to you - the fans.

It has taken more time to gather everything together than we first thought. We planned to lay out information what we currently have included specifics on supplier invoices, wages, ownership of the land along with other costs which a lot of supporters were interested in.

However, we believe the full picture wouldn’t be given out tonight after all due to information we are still awaiting.

Once we have this information, a full presentation will be made and the club will release a new date for a supporters meeting."

No doubt there will be buckets out at CM on Saturday in an attempt to fleece even more dough out of Joe Public. Piss Up in a Brewery springs to mind. More fool you if you donate!

Honesty and transparency has never been Keysor's forte. Bully-boy tactics has seen investors walk away...and potential investors sit tight. I'm interested that the comment 'ownership of the land' has been brought up in the club statement. Time to get Bullen back on board to appease the doubters.

It's safe to say that the club is well and truly screwed. It's been fucked-over by Keysor and the assets are most likely gone. To cancel a meeting to explain the finances (surely the finances are monitored daily in this time of need) speaks volumes of the current situation. It's an utter farce. Companies House hasn't seen accounts since Joe Francis was wide left (they actually haven't seen any sort of accounts).

I'm crawling back into my hole as I'm fearful of the ongoing investigation.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 23rd Mar, 2018 at 7:24pm

There is a basic rule in financial journalism: Follow the Money.
Who would stand to gain from the Club being wound up?
No-one I think.
Who would benefit from the Crown Meadow pitch area being sold to move elsewhere?
The red herring of Badger (who I have absolutely no problem with, a good local company) have no loan secured on the pitch so would have to purchase on the open market, no benefit. the supporters would face a time of uncertainty (and potentially having to travel) as would the players. No benefit.
The devil, as ever, is in the detail.
The only potential profit that I can see would be to the person/company who purchased the ground from the Club obtaining planning permission for house building (or a glue factory) and selling the land on.
However there are many other stories, some based on the ego and debts owed to the chairman/owners, one of which I link to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawley_Town_F.C.

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #7 - 23rd Mar, 2018 at 9:57pm

alTickets wrote on 23rd Mar, 2018 at 7:24pm:
There is a basic rule in financial journalism: Follow the Money.
Who would stand to gain from the Club being wound up?
No-one I think.
Who would benefit from the Crown Meadow pitch area being sold to move elsewhere?
The red herring of Badger (who I have absolutely no problem with, a good local company) have no loan secured on the pitch so would have to purchase on the open market, no benefit. the supporters would face a time of uncertainty (and potentially having to travel) as would the players. No benefit.
The devil, as ever, is in the detail.
The only potential profit that I can see would be to the person/company who purchased the ground from the Club obtaining planning permission for house building (or a glue factory) and selling the land on.
However there are many other stories, some based on the ego and debts owed to the chairman/owners, one of which I link to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawley_Town_F.C.

My solicitor happened to be the one who secured the Crawley Town deal.

Let's be brutally honest - there will be no supporters meeting. The truth simply can't isn't going to come out.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #8 - 24th Mar, 2018 at 4:39am

A meeting isn't important, facts being made public are, in my opinion, if we are to get supporters behind the Club.
What I said in my letter of January 20th 2018 still stands (except that the £500 has gone)

Quote:
Financial Problems discussion thread

20th January 2018

Dear Alan,

I would like to offer the Board of Lowestoft Town FC a sum of (maximum) £500 for a specific purpose.

In my opinion there are two key things which will encourage more people through the turnstiles, entertainment, and a feeling of being a part of a Club. We seem to have lost our way a bit and I would like to help to restore the feeling of belonging.

The following are from conversations around the ground, chats with ordinary supporters not keyboard warriors of trolls, and do not necessarily represent my views. I know some of the answers, having attended AGMs in the past. I was asked some of these questions on Tuesday by a couple of people who say they would do more for the Club but are holding back.

1) Can we have clear and transparent finances (who do we owe what, where does money go)? It is felt this would encourage people to become more involved. Good questions were asked at the last (the very last?) AGM of the Members' Club by Dave Clarke, who sadly died last year, but most people could not or did not attend.

2) Can we have a clear statement of who owns the Football Club now that it is no longer (it seems) a Members' Club?

3) Is Crown Meadow still looked after by Trustees?

4) Who invites Directors onto the Board (the Committee used to be elected by the Members, who were season ticket holders, although it was always difficult to get people to stand by accounts related to me)?

5) How are we encouraging community and fan involvement?

I see a good opportunity for better links to be made between the Board and the Supporters, and I have a suggestion which I hope you will consider to build bridges and engage with supporters.

I'll put money (a maximum £500) into the cost of
producing a leaflet to explain the Club's present status to supporters if the Board would like to draw one up.

In my view it should include answers to all the questions above, a bit about the Board's overall intentions for the clubs direction in the future, brief details of Directors including photographs (some supporters don't have any idea who is running the Club), something about volunteers (Stewards and others), a list of commercial loans and any other loans and debentures (there has been uninformed comment about the very good arrangement with Badger, for example, which I am more than happy with) and other information not easily understood by those unfamiliar with the workings of Companies House.

You and I have both been on local Councils and, of course, as with public Council documents I do not expect  any identifiable information on who is paid what, who has loaned money as an individual (if indeed there are any outstanding loans or debentures), but ball-park headings of best estimates for the current year.
(eg: 1) playing staff and  coaching, 2) other staff, 3) maintenance ).

It has been suggested to me that the money could better be spent elsewhere by the Club, but this offer represents 70 hours of my wages from driving HGVs and I make this offer only for this purpose.
As a family we do support the Club both financially (we "sponsor" 3 members of the playing team, have sponsored match ball, beer festival, are both season ticket holders) and in other ways (photography, tickets).

Put this under the heading of  our Club's "community cohesion" if you wish.

Thanks for your time.

Paul Whitlow.

a list of commercial loans and any other loans and debentures

Off to Walsingham with a load of wheat, see you at the match. Tickets printed and cut up, will be delivered to the Amber Dew Events Stadium this morning.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #9 - 25th Mar, 2018 at 2:18pm

Prior to the Burgess Hill game I enjoyed a full and frank discussion with Gary Keyzor, the clubs previous Chairman.
It was both cordial and illuminating and gave an opportunity for both of us to exchange views candidly.

Without breaking confidences as regards the discussion, it was wide ranging and based on historical and current concerns.
Unsurprisingly the current concerns featured strongly in the conversation.
We found much to agree upon and other matters that concerned us jointly.

The ownership of the ground is no longer a matter of conjecture. It is wholly owned by LTFC Ltd. There is an inherited charge remaining on the clubhouse and front car park. This is currently being discharged as per the original agreement, at very favourable terms.

All/Any Winding up Order/s served on the club have been suspended/withdrawn following full or partial payment.

'Gary's Bible' as the accounts are affectionately termed by some in the club, are currently being prepared.
They should be available in a few days when a further meeting will be called.
I'm inclined to believe that the cash flow situation reached critical level only because the assumptions made were subsequently wildly inaccurate for unforeseen reasons.

My criticism of the current business model and some of the clubs custodians decisions was readily accepted.

Personal matters were discussed and will remain private; diplomacy will now take its course.👍

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #10 - 25th Mar, 2018 at 9:01pm

That sounds very good, Ronsdog.
I know that LTFC Ltd. was established as a not-for-profit company and I have never had a problem with the move to a Ltd. company.
I hope this will be sorted out and that the relationship between the Company and the supporters can be improved. Better communication from both sides is one of the keys, I believe, and could have eased the transition from a Members Club with an elected committee and Chairman to a Limited Company with appointed directors.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #11 - 29th Apr, 2018 at 8:38am

Tickets wrote on 25th Mar, 2018 at 9:01pm:
That sounds very good, Ronsdog.
I know that LTFC Ltd. was established as a not-for-profit company and I have never had a problem with the move to a Ltd. company.
I hope this will be sorted out and that the relationship between the Company and the supporters can be improved. Better communication from both sides is one of the keys, I believe, and could have eased the transition from a Members Club with an elected committee and Chairman to a Limited Company with appointed directors.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #12 - 3rd May, 2018 at 6:24pm

comment deleted
« Last Edit: 3rd May, 2018 at 8:27pm by Tickets »  

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #13 - 3rd May, 2018 at 9:26pm

Tickets wrote on 3rd May, 2018 at 6:24pm:
comment deleted

Why so Tickets ?

https://youtu.be/GcizaRCcJrY .....hardly controversial 😉

IP Logged

bigfella

LTFC Supporter

part-time at Lowestoft
Reply #14 - 3rd May, 2018 at 10:35pm

I thought that the original comment was worthy of a place on this forum.  There is so much that we do not know about who/what/where/££s/when about LTFC.  I travelled to Lowestoft for the non-meeting in March and still know nothing about the financial situation.  I want to help but not to tip my money into a black hole.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search