Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Enfield Town (H) 06/01/2018 (Read 1,626 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Enfield Town (H) 06/01/2018
5th Feb, 2018 at 6:44pm

A cold Tuesday night sees the rearranged visit of Enfield Town, having been postponed from early December following a frozen pitch enforced postponement. The Trawlerboys will be more keen than ever to get back to winning ways after spirited performances against both Staines and Wingate and Finchley which still left us empty handed.

Both teams prop up the form league having lost 4 out of their last 6 league games and drawing the other 2. Our visitors sit 5 points ahead of Town on 36 points in 16th.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/for...

At the weekend Enfield had a day to forget finding themselves 3-0 down at half time at Thurrock, going on to lose 3-1 all without their suspended first choice keeper, after receiving a straight red at the previous game against Needham Market, so he'll be suspended for tomorrow nights game too.
http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk/teams/65370/match-centre/1-2865231

So surely Lowestoft can warm the cockles of the home faithful who'll turn out, with another battling performance and this time do themselves (and us watching) some justice and walk away with at least a point after the 90 minutes? Looking at how the bottom of the league is panning out, it's most certainly needed...

Weather for the evening looks to be interesting, cold yes but also possibility of snow late on, hopefully for after the journey home and hoping the game itself isn't put in too much doubt during the day although much of tomorrow should be dry apart from an isolated shower. There will be a pitch inspection at 1pm, according to the Enfield website.

Come on you blues!!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Enfield Town (H) 06/01/2018
Reply #1 - 5th Feb, 2018 at 7:16pm

News just in - Rob Eagle re-signs on loan from Leiston, for the rest of the season and should be in tomorrow nights squad subject to paperwork etc.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/eagle-returns-to-lowestoft-2171503.html

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #2 - 5th Feb, 2018 at 8:52pm

Jimbo wrote on 5th Feb, 2018 at 7:16pm:
News just in - Rob Eagle re-signs on loan from Leiston, for the rest of the season and should be in tomorrow nights squad subject to paperwork etc.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/eagle-returns-to-lowestoft-2171503.html

Maybe Rob can provide the key to unlock defences and feed Jake Reed. Our number nines drought now extends to 12 games 🤔

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #3 - 6th Feb, 2018 at 9:48am

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #4 - 6th Feb, 2018 at 12:56pm

A little bit of snow this morning, didnt settle - but its been confirmed tonight's game is most certainly on.

Yarmouth seems to have all the snow from what I've heard.

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 7th Feb, 2018 at 4:11am

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #6 - 7th Feb, 2018 at 7:42am

FT: Lowestoft Town 3-0 Enfield Town
Att; 222

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

EDP report; http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/lowestoft-town-beat-enfield-1-538481...

Well that was long overdue, a result to reward and merit the effort put in by the players. On a very cold Tuesday evening the vast majority of the 222 home faithful crowd were treated to another battling performance and at long last a fine home win.

The whole team put in a shift, the return of Rob Eagle really paid off as an additional goal threat teeing up Jake Reed to open the scoring after 24 minutes then adding one himself on 39 minutes. Throughout the first half, as the snowflakes descended gently over the meadow, town came forward throughout with a tangible sense of danger and hunger for goals, some good saves either side of halftime from the Enfield keeper kept the scoreline to 2-0.

The second half saw the introduction of Ryan Blake in an attempt to raise their goal threat and Enfield did come back into the game as Ben in goal had a much busier half than he did in the first 45. The town defence did well in dealing with any threat the visitors posed and town were always dangerous on the break. Jake got his second and towns third when the Enfield keeper didn't deal with a backpass quick enough, Jake closed him down and as the keeper took a touch it went too far in front of him and in a split second, Jake seized upon it and toe poked it past him and the ball rolled into the net to the keepers embarrassment, effectively killing off any hope the visitors had of getting back into it.

As said, a great result and a great reward for those braving the snow and cold. Great to see Eags back in the side and set up a goal and get one himself, his goal celebration said it all, patting the town badge on his shirt and hi-fiving a few supporters on the touchline.

Good to meet up with PB and 'Enfield Peter' hope the hangover isn't too bad(!) and glad you seemed to like the Stanford Arms. Safe journey back chaps.

Now to follow this up with the visit of Dulwich on Saturday, certainly wont be an easy match but with the attitude and work ethic the players have shown recently it will certainly be a cracker to watch.

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #7 - 7th Feb, 2018 at 6:56pm

Absolutely no hangover from moi today.

I was up at 07:50 and ventured to the Tesco for 2 x takeaway 'Full English's' closely followed by an 8k run around some rather charming streets of the locale - a brisk shower and then a visit to the Anchor Smokehouse for a stone of their finest Smoked Haddock. Another trip to Sam Coles and I'm £150 better off for fish and seafood. A stop-off at Walberswick to the Anchor (under the recommendation  of the lass behind the bar in the Stanford who's name I've completely forgotten) and 6 oysters and a rather splendid plate of char-grilled squid hit the spot. A relaxing journey home and I'm just about to tuck into a plate of soft-shell crab and a glass of white burgundy.

If Carlsberg did Tuesday and Wednesdays then this is it.

Enfield were shite and the 3 points were worth the journey!

I'm tempted to come up on Saturday - not for Dulwich, but for more of those crabs. They are splendid!

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #8 - 7th Feb, 2018 at 7:33pm

Sounds good to me p b thanks for the hospitality

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #9 - 7th Feb, 2018 at 8:17pm

Absolutely my pleasure, Swallows. I'll probably sponsor the return tie down at the Donkey Dome early March. I'll keep you posted and the oysters are on me at Brightlingsea.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search