Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Margate (A) 3/2/2017 (Read 1,222 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Margate (A) 3/2/2017
31st Jan, 2018 at 6:40pm

Another tough away fixture in prospect on Saturday when The Isle of Thanet is our destination where Margate host us....and a bit of history......http://www.margate-fc.co.uk/club/history/

More info on Margate here......http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1499947617 .......skip past the fixture list, you'll find it on the Kent club round up.

We've had the better of Margate over the years, 6 wins and only 3 losses but recently we've failed to even bother the scorer. Oddly enough we've never shared the points.
Our record v the Gate......
18/11/17, Lowestoft Town - Margate 0-2
22/03/14, Margate - Lowestoft Town 3-0
23/11/13, Lowestoft Town - Margate 3-0
12/02/13, Lowestoft Town - Margate 1-0
27/08/12, Margate - Lowestoft Town 2-1
24/03/12, Lowestoft Town - Margate 2-1
27/08/11, Margate - Lowestoft Town 1-4
23/04/11, Margate - Lowestoft Town 0-3
28/08/10, Lowestoft Town - Margate 2-1

I'm certainly hoping for a better performance than we managed earlier in the season at the Meadow...... http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1510871288

Margate have hit some form recently and followed up their impressive draw at BillnRicky with a 1-0 win v the other high flyers, Dulwich........https://youtu.be/Ug0IVv6oVNE
Following Monday nights victory v Kingstonian they have extended their unbeaten run to ten games.

Unable to withstand the second half pressure that Wingate put us under on Tuesday evening, I shudder to think what the front runners of Margate may subject us to.

We have now gone seven games without a win and I can't really see that changing at Hartsdown Park. A point would be a good return.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Margate (A) 3/2/2017
Reply #1 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 3:55pm

FT: Margate 1-0 Lowestoft Town.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

Town suffer another defeat and go in search of their first win of 2018. Dale Brooks said after the Wingate game that we are in a relegation dogfight according to todays EDP

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/lowestoft-town-preview-1-5378410

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #2 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 6:47pm

Quote:
“Every player, member of staff, board member, every fan – if they thought it was going to be any different to this then they are not seeing the true picture.

“We need the players to continue fighting like they are and we need the real supporters to stay with us.”

I think I'm still watching on 405 lines, a bit of a blurry picture.
https://youtu.be/sG52HcgKaD4?t=2m56s

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #3 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 7:12pm

No Fisk or Jarvis in the starting XI and I was a little bit concerned before kick-off looking at the Margate line-up. The opening 20 minutes saw Margate dictate the tempo of the match with Lowestoft happy to sit deeper than our hosts. Ben pulled off an outstanding save low down to his left to keep the score 0-0 and Bammant squandered a glorious chance when unmarked at the back post after a neat pass by Reed. For some unbeknown reason he decided to take a touch and his shot was blocked with the resulting rebound being cleared off the line. Zielonka had a shot from 20 yards out on the stroke of half-time that went narrowly wide and 0-0 at HT seemed fair.

The 2nd half again saw Margate hold a high line that we couldn't get behind and it was little surprise that they broke the deadlock on the hour mark. A dubiously awarded free-kick saw a long ball find a Margate player at the back post. From where I was stood I'm certain he controlled the ball with his arm, a square pass across the box and the Margate #9 had a tap-in.

Ben produced another couple of outstanding saves to keep the scoreline 1-0, a triple save in particular defied belief. Rory had a decent header that failed to find a Lowestoft boot in the 6 yard box and I think it was Zielonka who curled another shot narrowly wide.

In a game that could easily have gone either way, we were unlucky not to come away with at least a share of the points and Margate will feel fortunate to bag all three. In saying that, if it wasn't for the heroics of Ben again then the match could have been dead with 20 minutes to play.

We need a little bit of good fortune and today we didn't get it. Our bench looked worryingly lightweight. Margate can bring on the likes of Matt Bodkin and Jay May while we have lads who are barely out of school.

We need Fisky back and heaven knows what will occur if we pick up another couple of injuries.

Enfield next up and that is winnable.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #4 - 4th Feb, 2018 at 2:34am

I sense another MINI-LEAGUE drama over the next 15 games.....😉

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 4th Feb, 2018 at 10:53am

Thanks for the report Plummy. We couldn't make the match as Shirley has been off work ill all week (on the mend now).

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Brian Wren

Come On The Blues

Reply #6 - 4th Feb, 2018 at 11:56am

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 4th Feb, 2018 at 7:13pm

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search