Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/01/2018 (Read 1,611 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/01/2018
11th Jan, 2018 at 5:55pm

This Saturday we welcome Dorking Wanderers to the Amber Dew Events Stadium, in our first competitive game against against them since their formation in 1999. In their short history they have risen through the non league pyramid and this season is their first ever at step 3 after winning the Ryman south play-offs last season. https://www.dorkingwanderers.com/history.html

The future looks bright for the Surrey outfit too with a move to a new stadium, funded by the Mole Valley local council plus a grant from the sport England fund, which will provide facilities for local people, a 3G pitch and a new HQ for the Surrey FA; http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=22181

As it stands their first ever game at the new Meadowbank will be on 27th February, incidentally their final home game of the season will be against the Trawlerboys.

In the league, their latest game at Burgess Hill had to be abandoned after 74 minutes after a nasty injury to Wanderers player Matt Briggs who it turned out suffered multiple facial fractures. https://www.dorkingwanderers.com/matt-briggs-injury.html

In the Bostik Premier, Dorking sit one place ahead of Town on goal difference, both teams on 30 points with Wanderers having 2 games in hand. Their form seems inconsistent as their last 6 games have seen 3 defeats and most recently 3 wins, impressively away at Staines just before Christmas and then at home to Margate and then most recently Thurrock before the abandoned game at bottom placed Burgess Hill which they were losing 2-0. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/for...

Lowestoft will be desperate to introduce some of the impressive away performances to the home faithful following false starts at home to Harlow and Brightlingsea, manager Dale Brooks recognises that winning at home and playing good football will bring the football fans back and like at Tonbridge he'll hopefully have a lot more of the squad available to choose from; http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/tonbridge-angels-v-lowestoft-town-pr...

See you all on Saturday and hopefully it will be a good attendance to see such a performance that was witnessed at Tonbridge last weekend.

Come on you blues!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/01/2018
Reply #1 - 13th Jan, 2018 at 6:45am

Tickets finished, off to the Meadow to deliver them Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #2 - 13th Jan, 2018 at 11:48am

Not an easy fixture. I wasn't at their match against Enfield but I understand they created numerous chances and should have won the match at a canter.

We'll need to defend better than we did in the opening period last week or we could be struggling from the off.

Here's hoping for an entertaining match.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #3 - 13th Jan, 2018 at 6:31pm

stop ithat was more like, enjoyable from start to finish, a good flow to it and plenty to talk about afterwards.To be fair to Dorking ( not as big as most sides up here and probably helped )they were a good match on the day with enough chances to rue on the journey home as well, so a point a piece was about right.Ben produced a fine stop during the biggest moment of the first half then Jake took his last penalty ( I assume ) to keep the scores level second half, plenty of near misses at both ends all afternoon kept the moaners quiet ( in my area at least )
Good to see the pitch was deemed flat enough to play out from the back and the extra space it offered made for a much better spectacle.
Of course passes went astray, attempts to beat opponents didn't all come off but the intent was there and on another day who knows  we also  looked relatively secure at the back to give those in front a bit more licence.
I don't think we could ask much more than we saw today  in style and effort and a healthier bench would suggest they can replicate , conditions allowing.
I will refrain from notes on individuals as it was more of a collective improvement  but must say a word about Rossi. I had forgotten what a good & influential player he
has been , such has been the length of time since he has been fully fit. Today he rolled back the years with some telling incisive passes, gelled so well  with Andy again and then when least expected ( by me ) in the dying minutes tracked a runner right into  the six yard box to make a point saving interception  my stand out  moment of the match.
Well done to Dale for the set up , surely no fans will be lost today, so a cold  Tuesday night  beckons, usually a hundred less , can the lads, so jeckyll & hyde this season back it up again.My guess- if Rossi can the rest will follow.
And spare a thought for Folkestone what a trek they have to look forward too.
My guess is if

IP Logged

Blueblood
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 14th Jan, 2018 at 11:15am

It's normally Ian telling me that I'm putting a positive slant on a match. However, it's the other way around this time.

I personally thought Dorking were the worst away team I've seen up the meadow for some time and never even looked capable of scoring. The only chance they had all game was when a soft header back by Smith was latched onto by their chunky number 10 but this was saved brilliantly by the flung out leg of Dudzinski.

From early on in the match they looked there for the taking and we did start well with some good passing and movement in their half but unfortunately a missed penalty and an incredibly poor Nico Cotton saw us drop two points in my opinion.

I'm not sure if Reed has been told to take the penalties but he's missed them in the past and never seems confident when I've seen him taking them. I think this may be because he's more of an instinctive player and doesn't like too much time to think about things; which we see sometimes if he's one-on-one with the keeper (a classy striker but not his strongest asset).

In terms of Nico Cotton, I've not seen many away games this season and by all accounts he was superb at Tonbridge (maybe he's better away from home with more space). However, last time he was with us I was unconvinced by him and on the home evidence I've seen from him of late, my views the same. I don't like being overly critical of an individuals performance but yesterday was about as bad as it can get for an individual and he should have been taken off at the break, if not before. Apart from two balls across the face of goal (one in each half) he regularly gave the ball away and his opposing number had him firmly in his pocket.
I know loan players have to play or you have to pay for their full wages but surely nothing stipulates they have to play the full 90 minutes. As I can't understand how he was not removed.
It's all irrelevant now though, as he's going back to Southend but the comments in the press indicating that they want him playing at a higher level are a surprise to me. I genuinely wish him all the best but in my opinion he's not a league or National League player.

Bring on Tuesday, which will be a tough test. Will probably miss the start due to work but looking forward to it and hoping we can start to turn our home form around.

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #5 - 14th Jan, 2018 at 11:50am

terry.
the poorest team i have seen  up the meadow this year has been us !
As for Nico , with the tough schedule coming up, probably deemed  best to give others a breather as he is now off.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 14th Jan, 2018 at 12:57pm

Shirley's photos of the afternoon.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/photos/lowestoft-town-v-dorking-wanderers-satur...

For any non-league news websites out there,
"Shirley D Whitlow hereby asserts her right to be identified as the author of all photographs in this set"
so stop taking screenprints, cropping off Shirey's copyright details  and publishing them as if they are yours.
Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 14th Jan, 2018 at 1:28pm

FT: Lowestoft Town 0-0 Dorking Wanderers (Att 344)

Match centre; https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

Video highlights from Back of the Net Bostik league show (22mins and 45 seconds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElW8mpTsUHE

Cant add much more to what already has been posted, a disappointing draw in a game that was there for the taken, a penalty miss and a few other chances not taken. Dorking finished with 10 men and their manager sent off to the stand near the end but I cant say it was a particularly dirty game overall - just frustrating!

I too was puzzled how Nico lasted the whole 90 minutes, I wonder what Cruise must be thinking and what he needs to do to be given a chance!
« Last Edit: 14th Jan, 2018 at 6:36pm by Jimbo »  

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Uncle Albert

LTFC Supporter

Reply #8 - 15th Jan, 2018 at 6:54pm

A much more enjoyable at the Meadow on Saturday, I was pleased with the general passion and some decent football. Good defensive display although it did not look as if Dorking would score if the game went on all night. Very good show from Harry Barker, showed some strong, marauding runs down the right and put pressure on the opposing defence. Frisky had a good game and showed his usual combatative display in mid- field. Jake looked like an out of form, low confidence striker. I can understand why he wanted to take the penalty, any goal would be good for him right now. That said we need a penalty taker. This was 2 pts dropped against a mediocre team. Hopefully we can create more chances tomorrow evening and tuck some chances away??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search