Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leiston (A) 26/12/2017 (Read 1,272 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Leiston (A) 26/12/2017
26th Dec, 2017 at 3:48am

A late and reduced service from the awayster previewer as I've been enjoying the festive 🍷🍷🍷🍾🍾🍾🍻🍻🍻. Hic!!Hic!!

Later today we travel to Leiston for our Bank Holiday Derby. We were soundly beaten earlier in the season at the Meadow.

http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1503834893

Let's hope we can exact some revenge for that reverse....I'm off to bed now but will be following the game at Victory Road via Twitter.😴

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Leiston (A) 26/12/2017
Reply #1 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 9:01am

Hope you and everyone on here has had a great Christmas!

Hoping for a much better display today, then again, it couldn't surely get any worse than it did against Harlow on Saturday? I'm expecting (hoping for) a much closer match this time around.

After 4 wins on the bounce, Leiston also suffered a 3-0 reverse, away at Dulwich Hamlet. The home side I accept will be the favourites for all 3 points but the Trawlerboys after Saturdays performance, will feel they have a few things to put right after the Harlow game.

Hopefully see you all there, who are going.

Come on you blues!!

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Blueblood
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 2:17pm

Couldn’t make the game myself but by all accounts a superb ‪derby day 1-0 win at Leiston and a great response from the players after Saturday’s disappointment. Personally I though it was a wonderful bit of karma to see Dunbar get the OG, after his assault on Barker after the match this time last season. Get in!!

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #3 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 2:24pm

At Leiston today due to there programme we have a new manager!!!

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #4 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 2:59pm

couldn't justify missing family time after Saturday then they produce that result.
I doff my cap, glad I am no betting man,just shows the value of a clean sheet.
That keeps a very impressive boxing day record going, although the next game is usually not so good !
Back to the perch new years day it is then  , for god knows what sort of performance.

IP Logged

Uncle Albert

LTFC Supporter

Reply #5 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 4:39pm

My hat is off for the Blues, after my doom and gloom of Saturday, I could not have asked for a better Christmas present. What happened in between Saturday and today to produce a great Suffolk derby, and revenge, victory at Victory Road. Well done Blues now let us have the same next week at Worthing.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #6 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 5:10pm

Full time Leiston 0-1 Lowestoft Town.
Attendance; 511

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

Line-up;

Dudzinski

Humphreys Mcauley Cole  Barker

Cotton   Jarvis   Fisk  Bammant

Reed  Foy

Today was much much better than last Saturday against Harlow, with Jake Reed back up top and so was the passion from the rest of the squad, I cant quite say Reeds return was the sole catalyst but it was a great all round response from all 11 to the disappointment of the previous Saturday.

From the start town pressed hard with Cotton and Bammant on the wings and a strong performance in midfield from Rossi winning headers and Fisk going in the usual fashion with more physical tackling, earning a yellow card mid way through the first half in the process.

After 7 minutes town were one up, a long ball to Bammant on the left wing he took the ball forward threaded it through to Reed who got to the ball just in front of the advancing Garnham his shot pinged off Garnham into the path of Dunbar who at the penalty spot, could only watch as in a split second the ball rebounded off his shins into the net. From this point on chances followed for town to double their lead, a free header by Bammant was well caught by Garnham and Harry Barkers run on goal and subsequent shot from the edge of the area almost found the bottom corner but Garnham did enough to divert it around the post. Soon after the goal, Leiston were almost back in it when Ainlsey found himself in space but skied his effort over the crossbar.

At the back Cole and McAuley were solid and the young loanee from Southend, Humphreys, continues to impress and show great maturity and confidence beyond his years. Barker worked hard all game but found it a struggle at times against Marsden who showed great footwork and pace (apparently someone in the past who wasn't good enough for us?!).

The second half started with a flurry of Leiston chances, most of which flew over the crossbar but Ben handled well all efforts on goal As the half wore on Leiston seemed to tire so Blake and Docherty got their chances. For town Bammant made way for Zielonka. Fisk made the full 90 minutes and managed to avoid a second yellow, thanks to a very good referee who let the game flow, totally in (refreshing) contrast to the ref we had the previous Saturday. 

Late on in the second half Leiston had several chances to level the scores but Ben was equal to all the chances on goal. Some of these chances could have been avoided as 2-3 times Fisk picked up loose balls and under no pressure, aimlessly punted the ball forward, giving away possession and within a minute we were back under pressure! It was tension the travelling fans could have done without!

Overall my man of the match was Jake Reed, he came back into the side looking hungry and not like he'd been away, he found space, kept himself onside and was a general handful, especially one moment towards the end managed to find a way past 3 Leiston players at once only to win a free kick when one of them hauled him over. Elsewhere Rory commanded well at the back, Rossi was very good in the air and Bammant had a much better game, collecting several goal kicks direct from Ben being allowed plenty of space by the hosts to make moves forward supporting Reed and Foy, which led to the games only goal. Ben in goal did again what he has done in the past, dealt with what came his way and kept a clean sheet. Taking nothing away from the rest of the team, they all tried hard and put their shift in and the ball dropped kindly on several occasions.

Overall a big well done to the players and management for the performance - the perfect response to Saturdays dismal showing.

Onwards next to Worthing this Saturday, who won today and will be looking to get away from the foot of the table.

« Last Edit: 26th Dec, 2017 at 6:27pm by Jimbo »  

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #7 - 26th Dec, 2017 at 8:12pm

Quote:
Couldn’t make the game myself but by all accounts a superb ‪derby day 1-0 win at Leiston and a great response from the players after Saturday’s disappointment. Personally I though it was a wonderful bit of karma to see Dunbar get the OG, after his assault on Barker after the match this time last season. Get in!!

Shirley's photos as sent to the press Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213458062158221&type=1&l=d3ab58ad3f

and the full photo set

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/photos/leiston-v-lowestoft-town-tuesday-26-dece...
« Last Edit: 26th Dec, 2017 at 11:25pm by Tickets »  

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #8 - 27th Dec, 2017 at 3:49pm

HƎ∀ΛƎN

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search