Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Enfield Town (H) 09/12/2017 (Read 987 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Enfield Town (H) 09/12/2017
6th Dec, 2017 at 6:26pm

This Saturday sees our first encounter this season with Enfield as we welcome them to the Amber Dew Events Stadium. The visitors currently sit 2 points and 2 places lower than Lowestoft and make their second trip back into Suffolk in the space of a few days following on from a 2-0 defeat to Leiston on Tuesday night. Match report; http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk/teams/65370/match-centre/1-2865059

In last seasons corresponding fixture, Nico Cotton was pivotal in the Trawlerboys running out 2-1 winners with a brace at a windy Crown Meadow Match thread; http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1487963528

By coincidence, we have Nico back this season along with a couple of other loanees settling into the squad, we can hope for a similar score and 3 points? Well I went along with a couple of others to watch the Leiston V Enfield game on Tuesday, whilst Leiston were worthy of their win and took their best chances (had a few others too), Enfield started brightly and pressed Leiston hard, in their pink shirts, socks and grey shorts they came forward in numbers (kept at bay by MoM Garnham). This lead Enfield to be exposed at the back to sudden counter attacks which could be Lowestofts' best approach to this game, especially if pacey players are utilised in the correct positions. Leistons first goal came from a careless lofted back pass that was intercepted by Finch who was able to finish one on one against the keeper. That goal took the wind out of Enfields sails somewhat. Also of note it was a game with several dodgy, sometimes bordering on the downright reckless tackles, no less than 6 yellows shown overall with 4 of them for the visitors. So it will be up to our players to make sure they keep their heads this Saturday if the visitors lose theirs.

Enfield have lost 5 out of their last 6 and from what I saw at Leiston on Tuesday night and Lowestofts continued revival, fresh from the 5-2 whipping of Tooting & Mitcham last weekend, I'd be confident of at least a draw on Saturday. It certainly promises to be an interesting match and with the Trawlerboys recent upturn in form and entertaining game should be in store for the home faithful - it's also a game I will not be there to see, so it's bound to be a good one! I'll be checking the score and updates from London!

It's worth noting to that this Saturdays game has a special offer on admission where every paying child will admit an adult free, more details;

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/ltfc-community-day-on-saturday-9th-decembe...

Come on you blues!

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Enfield Town (H) 09/12/2017
Reply #1 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 5:35am

So, we haven't had a competition on here for some time. Answer on here or on facebook but if you answer on facebook don't give an explanation Wink
1) Score at half-time
2) Score at full time
3) Attendance

To be judged as follows:
1) All those guessing the score at half-time correctly will go through, all others willl be eliminated from the competition.
2) All those left in the competition who guess the score at full-time correctly stand a chance of winning, all others will be eliminated from the competition.
3) If more than one person is in the competition after full-time the winner wil be decided on the nearest to the official attendance figure.

All entries to be submitted before kick-off.

Free to enter.

Prize supplied by me and Shirley will be a voucher worth a pint of beer or equivalent which can be used in the bar before any match this season.  Smiley

My entry

1) 3-1
2) 4-2
3) 452

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

brian the cap

LTFC Supporter

Reply #2 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 7:14am

1) 1-1
2) 3-1
3) 412

COME ON YOU BLUES
Sponsor of Stuart Ainsley with C block

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #3 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 8:23am

Mine are  all nils as my garden is frozen and are we sure its ok up the meadow
if on all nils except the crowd 358

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #4 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 9:42am

1) 0-0
2) 2-1
3) 374

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 9:51am

ian t wrote on 9th Dec, 2017 at 8:23am:
Mine are  all nils as my garden is frozen and are we sure its ok up the meadow
if on all nils except the crowd 358

I think it'll only be the flats end where the pitch is in shadow that there may be a problem: our garden is fine Smiley
I'll go ahead getting ready Smiley
I've been out to the recycling tip in Pakefield today where at one point I was the only person there, a bit cold for Lowestoft  Grin

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #6 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 2:25pm

paul
I win!
if you were Christmas shopping at the corpo tip this morning, you can keep the prize , you need it more !

IP Logged

oulton blue

Come On The Blues

Reply #7 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 6:48pm

Am I right, that we do not have a game until 23/12 home to Hedon. Or has another game been 're arranged.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #8 - 9th Dec, 2017 at 10:42pm

oulton blue wrote on 9th Dec, 2017 at 6:48pm:
Am I right, that we do not have a game until 23/12 home to Hedon. Or has another game been 're arranged.

Errr maybe Harlow?

Tuesday 19th December is free if Enfield wish to make the trip up🤔

It was dissapointing to have the game called off today at such a late stage. Sure, the flats end penalty area was frozen but couldn't this have been foreseen and a covering of straw or even a tarpaulin been applied the previous evening.

The club face another reprimand or worse, a fine, from the league for such a late call off.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Blueblood

I deal in facts, not fiction!

Lowestoft
Reply #9 - 10th Dec, 2017 at 8:44am

I didn't venture up to the ground before the call off but from what I've heard an earlier inspection (when the pitch would have been at its worse) was passed but when the ref turned up he called it off. Must have not fancied it and been under orders from her in doors that he was to go xmas shopping instead.

So I very much doubt the club would be punished for it, as trying to second guess match officials is an art. You can bet your bottom dollar that if you'd taken ten refs onto that pitch, half would have said play and the other half not play.

Leiston went ahead and that's on the coast. I feel for the travelling supporters but I do also feel for the clubs, ground staff, etc as frost is a hard thing to judge (will it defrost, is it frozen in all areas, etc).

I'm just glad we did'nt have to stand there and watch with a wind chill of -5. As that may have matched that infamous -6 0-0 draw away at Canvey a few years ago!!

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #10 - 10th Dec, 2017 at 4:05pm

To add insult to injury a 20mm covering of snow decided to descend on the A12 this morning.

No gritters or ploughs in evidence through Essex. Leaving Lowestoft at 11am this morning (Sunday), saw us arrive home at 4.45pm.

Aarrrgggghh!!☹️

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #11 - 10th Dec, 2017 at 8:35pm

We left this morning at 09:40 and I arrived home at 16:45. That was undoubtedly the worst road conditions that I have ever driven on and I must have witnessed 2 dozen accidents on the A12 and another 1/2 dozen on the M25.

The journey from Enfield to Barnet took an hour as I had to detour via Potters Bar. Absolutely heart in mouth stuff with the car sliding all over the road.

My head was hurting this morning  Shocked

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #12 - 10th Dec, 2017 at 10:09pm

Glad that you all got home safely just a shsme about the match

IP Logged

Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Reply #13 - 11th Dec, 2017 at 9:56am

For what its worth, I had a reasonably uneventful train ride back from London although the Metropolitan line services being suspended didn't help! Thank God for the Jubilee line. The roads in London, around Wembley where I was, looked awful.

IP Logged

Blueblood

Lowestoft
Reply #14 - 11th Dec, 2017 at 11:10am

My trip up the A12 from Lowestoft to Leiston on Sunday morning was okay but shortly after arriving at work the rain and sleet started up. I'm guessing it was worse beyond Ipswich and towards London.

I feel for those that travelled, only for the match ref to say no!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search