Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dulwich Hamlet (A) 25/11/17 (Read 888 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Dulwich Hamlet (A) 25/11/17
22nd Nov, 2017 at 5:32pm

Off to Champion Hill on Saturday to face the current front runners Dulwich Hamlet
http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.co.uk/2008/06/dulwich-hamlet-fc-champion-hill-stadium...

Whilst all goes well on the park for the Hamlet their future at Champion Hill is still subject to speculation, in every sense of the word.

In 2014 Meadow Group bought the Champion Hill site and issued the club a lease. They also funded the clubs expenses. The long term plan was to develop the current ground, with housing , and build a new stadium adjacent to the current site.
The plans to develop a new ground have been thrown into confusion of late because disputes with the local authority, and meanwhile Dulwich are caught in the middle.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dulwich-hamlet-futur... .....

.......and as Tickets posted in the Football Finance thread the situation has taken a turn for the worse.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/club-statement-regarding-ongoin...

We have yet to collect a point on our visits to the leafy suburbs of SE22.
The last time we were there we lost out 3-1 http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1490292375#t...
Our only other visit in the 2013/14 opener saw the Hamlet triumph 2-0.

Some familar faces to reckon with in the probable Dulwich line up.
Clunis who has been a thorn in our side in previous encounters.
Gavin Tomlin is another who can be a matchwinner.
It will also be a chance to renew our acquaintance with Rickie Hayles who always performed well when wearing a Blue shirt. Quite a story surrounding his departure from the Meadow as I recall.
Allassani has goals in him and is perhaps their most dangerous predator.
His brace in the 4-0 win at Mertsham https://youtu.be/fhII0mqI8t4

Dulwich are on a run of 14 league games unbeaten and we go into this one on the back of yesterday evenings win v Leatherhead; but will be minus Reed and Cole. Two big sets of boots to fill.

Would a point be beyond us?

Sadly I will will not be making the short hop around the South Circular this weekend as a family occasion in Dublin takes precedence.🍻

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Dulwich Hamlet (A) 25/11/17
Reply #1 - 25th Nov, 2017 at 11:38am

Team coach now on the A2 heading in from the QEII bridge Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #2 - 25th Nov, 2017 at 3:41pm

1-0 Dulwich Hamlet from a corner, headed in by Hayles

Disgraced ex-Lowestoft player  Angry

IP Logged

Blueblood

I deal in facts, not fiction!

Lowestoft
Reply #3 - 25th Nov, 2017 at 4:03pm

‪Wasn’t there but sounds like the lads were unlucky not to get a point in a 1-0 loss at table topping Dulwich. Conceded 14 mins from end and denied a leveller by a great save by all accounts. Unlucky lads, great effort. Heads up and safe trip home to all.

I deal in facts, not fiction!

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #4 - 25th Nov, 2017 at 4:59pm

A good match, watched by 1800.
Shirley's photos sent to newspapers
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213215721979868&type=1&l=66b6fca0d8

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #5 - 25th Nov, 2017 at 8:58pm

OK - Not an easy match to surmise as we really only had two defenders in the starting XI. We set up not to lose.

If there was possession stats, it would be 80-20 to the home team. The lads sat back and tried to curtail the forward movement by a semi-decent team. In no way were Dulwich the best side I've seen this season.

What I watched was 90 minutes of defending - and given we only had 2 recognised defenders in the squad speaks volumes. We did have a shot on target - not sure who pulled the trigger - it wasn't Bammant.

Dulwich didn't really have to do a lot to win the match. Once they scored they saw out the remainder of the game in comfort.

Player Ratings:

Nico - a luxury and not committed.
Hodd - a luxury and not committed.

The rest at least tried and put in a tackle.

I see a corner being turned. From the downright shite to semi-decent mediocrity. Dale has a huge task in getting this squad to gel. Some really shouldn't get on the bus.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 26th Nov, 2017 at 6:18pm

And against that summary, I'll add my own. Good, committed team play from the off. It took Nico some time to start, as is to be expected. Dan Humphries was again excellent, a real talent. Ben Dudzinski had a great game and I can't fault anyone. From a team with key players missing this was enjoyable and entertaining.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #7 - 27th Nov, 2017 at 3:50am

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search