Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leatherhead (H) 21/11/2017 (Read 1,019 times)
Jimbo
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Lowestoft
Leatherhead (H) 21/11/2017
21st Nov, 2017 at 7:35am

As the games continue to come thick and fast, the Trawlerboys welcome Leatherhead to the Amber Dew events stadium this evening.

Our previous encounter ended in a 2-1 defeat for town. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

Match thread;
http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1502315586

Our visitors are on the cusp of a wave somewhat, their thrilling FA cup exploits, seeing off the Billericay circus 3-1, following up with a 4-0 win over Wingate & Finchley on Sunday, will no doubt see them in a fired up and decidedly buoyant mood for tonights' game. Over the last 6 games our visitors have taken just 7 points so its not all been plain sailing.

Keeping them at bay at the back will be key. The Trawlerboys will have 2 new additions to shake up the squad tonight, fans favourite from last season, Nico Cotton returns on loan from Southend as well as Daniel Humphreys, a young right back seen as back filling the recent departure of Callum White. http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/lowestoft-complete-double-loan-signings-20...

Hopefully these new loanees will make a positive difference from the off, by God we need it! They may even add a few to the crowd too.

Come on you blues!

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Leatherhead (H) 21/11/2017
Reply #1 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 5:09pm

EDP; http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft-town/two-in-one-out-at-lowestoft-town-1-5...

An article more about the 2 loanees but also adding in some thoughts in from DB.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #2 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 6:05pm

Tonights line up;

Dudzinski
Humphreys
Mcauley
Barker
Smith
Borrer
Jarvis
Fisk
Zielonka
Reed
Foy

Subs;
Bammant
Greenleaf
Wren

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #3 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 9:12pm

3-1 https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

Will be interesting to see the refs rating.
Seems that after Saturday and our two reds; what goes around comes around.😄😂

Can imagine that Levreds 'The Lip' will be apoplectic in their comments. Losing not one, but two of their most influential players so early on handed us the points.

Can't imagine too many on here will be questioning the man in blacks handling of tonight's encounter though ! 😉👍

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #4 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 10:24pm

Full time: Lowestoft 3-1 Leatherhead Att; 231

A bizarre match, obviously the turning point was the visitors being reduced to 9 men in the space of a few minutes - it was clear tonight's referee wasn't to be messed with, especially when it came to back chat. Both the visitors player manager and player assistant manager being sent for an early bath. Town needed to be on their guard against needless fouls and back chat but by the break both Zielonka and Borrer had found their ways into the refs book, more for bad tackles then backchat.

Smith was replaced by Bammant during the first half and appeared to be injured. Overall the visitors still posed a threat going forwards and town needed to find their feet and keep the ball but were guilty of a few misdirected passes although the visitors did resort to parking the bus to see themselves through to half time.

The breakthrough finally came on 23 minutes when Reed was sent through and jinked the ball over the keeper 1-0. Towards the end of the first half, Leatherhead leveled from a header from a corner.

Second half town seemed to come out a much calmer and more assured side, keeping hold of possession with fewer 'hospital passes' early on town went ahead when Reed was sent through on goal and slotted past the keeper. With the rain intermittently lashing down town weathered any Leatherhead attack with relative ease although their attackers were well drilled and fast. From what I remember a Leatherhead free kick was cleared straight to Reed to sprinted with the ball up the pitch, Bammant advanced through the middle, received an inch perfect pass and went one on one with the keeper, coolly nutmegged him, making it 3-1.

Throughout the second half the linesman flagged countless times for offside, in the second half I noticed Borrer in particular was prone to drifting offside.

Humphreys has a good outing and was well looked after my Mcauley at the back giving him encouragement throughout.

Big test away at Dulwich come Saturday, Reed starts his suspension too but a first outing for Cotton who was unavailable for tonight (not sure why).

Great stuff overall, 3 points in the bag but only 231 there to see it happen.

match centre;
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #5 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 10:44pm

ďIf people are busy living out myths you donít like, leave them to it.Ē
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 22nd Nov, 2017 at 8:39am

Jimbo wrote on 21st Nov, 2017 at 10:24pm:
A bizarre match, obviously the turning point was the visitors being reduced to 9 men in the space of a few minutes - it was clear tonight's referee wasn't to be messed with, especially when it came to back chat. Both the visitors player manager and player assistant manager being sent for an early bath. Town needed to be on their guard against needless fouls and back chat but by the break both Zielonka and Borrer had found their ways into the refs book, more for bad tackles then backchat.

Reminded me of the Monty Python Black Knight...... and then
Leatherhead's Sean Clohessy kept trying to move the ball forward for his free-kick (I have to admit that after he got the yellow we were encouraging him to move it again  Roll Eyes )

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Blueblood

I deal in facts, not fiction!

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 22nd Nov, 2017 at 9:21am

Team (3-5-2):-
Dudzinski
McAuley, Jarvis, Barker
Humphreys, Borer, Fisk, Zielonka, Smith
Reed, Foy
Subs used: Bammant for Smith, Greenleaf for Borer, Nyadzayo for Foy
Subs not used: Wren, Putnins

Cotton was missing and is not available until Saturday. While Jarvis, as I predicted replaced the suspended Cole in defence.

I missed the first few mins of the match but it didnít take long for the match to take an extraordinary turn after fifteen minutes. Firstly Midson (Player/Assistant Manager) was booked for a handball and after arguing against the decision and repeatedly having a pop at the referee, he was shown a second yellow and given his marching orders.
Then before the referee could restart play, Moore (Player/Manager) got involved with the referee and found himself booked. He continued to berate the referee and even after being warned by the referee to stop, he started to walk away while continuing to badmouth the official. Therefore it was no surprise to see the ref call him back again and give him his marching orders too. Two completely senseless sendings off, which neither player can have any qualms with. They totally let themselves and their club down.
This was obviously a big boost for Lowestoft and they took little time in turning the advantage into a 1-0 lead with Reed latching onto a ball from deep and lofting the ball over the keeper.
It was all set up for the blues to stroll to a win and three points and that looked the case with the blues coming close to doubling their lead with efforts from Foy and Zielonka. However, with us giving away a couple of silly free-kicks before the break (set pieces were Leatherheads only hope), an equaliser came as Minshull headed home well to take the sides in level at the break.

The second half was when the rain really swept in and made the pitch heavier and more sapping on the players as the half went on. Lowestoft came out of the blocks wanting to restore their lead early on though and on the fifty minute mark they did exactly that with Reed netting again. Leatherhead, to their credit were still giving it their all and on occasions causing some problems but the players left out on the pitch would have undoubtedly been feeling let down by their management team, in making their task almost impossible. The game was sown up by the blues just after the sixty minute mark, when both Reed and Bammant broke forward into space and with Reed turning provider this time, he played in Bammant to calmly slot the ball home for 3-1. The remainder of the match saw Leatherhead muster a couple of chances but in truth the result was never in doubt and if not for numerous offsides (some of which we were guilty of and some of which were from the defence stepping up well as a unit), we would have added to our lead even further.

It was a brilliant result for the lads and despite their cause being aided by the early sendings off, they still had to get the job done and beat the team in front of them. This was also their sixth match in eighteen days and with the pitch (especially in the second half) getting wetter, heavier and energy sapping, I applaud their efforts. McAuley was MOTM for me and both the new lads (Foy and Humphreys) did very well. Everyone played their part and it was a good team effort in the end.

The main positive of the night for me was not only the performance of McAuley but the way he was always talking to and giving a young and impressive Humphreys confidence and guidance in the right wing-back role. Well done Rory; it was so great to see and a really nice touch that will undoubtedly aid the lad no end.
The one negative for me and the thing that REALLY got under my skin was the absolutely unbelievable amount of negativity from the sidelines and stands; even when we were 3-1 up! Yes we were against nine men but we got the job done and taking the conditions into account, the amount of games weíve played of late and the current suspensions/injuries, the players did really well.
Iím convinced some people are never happy and actually want to see blood from these players. Either that or they literally have nothing between their ears. It left me speechless and wondering why anyone would want to play for this club if thatís some of the support they receive!! Fair enough it wasnít the majority of people but it was a much larger number than the usual oneís, who seem to always be down on the side.

Letís hope with the new loanees and people returning from injury and suspension in the next few weeks to follow, we can start to build on things again. Positivity and support will aid that process.

Good luck on Saturday lads; will be one of our toughest tests yet. Give them hell boys!

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #8 - 22nd Nov, 2017 at 11:15am

A restrained response from the Levred fans as regards last nights events....

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thelip/no-excuse-t3197.html

Perhaps they are more interested in continuing  FA Cup glory 🤔

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #9 - 22nd Nov, 2017 at 5:57pm

Funny ol' game isn't it !
practically game over after the refs intervention , we looked marginally better than their nine and there were three good finishes to admire.
Bang on terry  reference Rory and how well the youngster responded, cannot add much to the fine reports
BUT.
I think it rather unwise to make comments against the very hardy few , the moans are probably just more audible as there were so few other sounds to muffle them. 231 for a league game  is the lowest I can recall in my decade up in the stand and if it plateau's its likely to see more problems behind the scenes. Moaners maybe/probably but as with you and me they do turn up and pay  and hope the lads do well.
I was in the stretford end with the fanatics  Saturday, guess what they were like when Newcastle scored !
Us old gits in the stand  don't try changing habits or opinions very often just vent our spleens as our way of enjoying the game.
Moan, curse, cheer, laugh, offer expert opinions of course, with almost  no offence meant or taken  and see you next week is my take.
Good luck Saturday that does look tough, some experience for the youngsters maybe as positive as it gets.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #10 - 23rd Nov, 2017 at 4:20am

IP Logged

Blueblood

Lowestoft
Reply #11 - 23rd Nov, 2017 at 9:46am

I'm more than happy to make the comments and will again, even if people might think they're unwise or against people who 'pay their money'.

I'm all for having a little moan or making constructive comments; similar to what I did about tactics and player selection in the few weeks prior to Ady stepping down. However, I really don't see the point of slating the players while they're playing and especially when they're winning and clearly doing their best under a number of circumstances.

If someone can explain to me how hurling abuse at players about not always shooting every single time (even if the defender is clearing blocking an opening) or getting caught offside or letting the odd pass go astray on a heavy pitch with tired legs when you're actually winning a game, is going to help them and improve their moral; then I'm all ears!  Huh. Surely the only way a player is going to respond positively on the pitch is if he's getting support from the sidelines during the match.....or am I wrong? The effects of positive reinforcement were clear to see in the way Humphreys responded to the positive words from McAuley and I'm sure if McAuley had of just criticised him all match, the young lad wouldn't have played as well. Just food for thought!!

Turning up, paying and exercising your right to moan (because you've paid) is one thing but turning up, paying and exercising your right to moan but at the same time saying you're 'hoping the lads do well' and you're their to support is a massive contradiction for me.

Each to their own but I just don't see the point or how in any way it helps.

So unfortunately I will continue to make comments if unfair negativity is pushed onto the players during a match. As what was so negative and bad about us being 3-1 up?

Dulwich will be huge test, as they're one of the best sides in the league and a side I've always enjoyed watching play. With our suspensions and new players to bed in, a point would be a superb result. As long as they give it their all, that's all we can ask for as supporters!

COYB!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search