Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kingstonian Sat 14 Oct (Read 978 times)
Tickets
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Kingstonian Sat 14 Oct
11th Oct, 2017 at 4:44am

A fixture which has been brought forward 5 months, can we forge on from Burgess Hill and satisfy the home fans?
I'll be printing tickets tonight (Wed) or tomorrow, and I'll also be printing vouchers for "a cup of tea or £1 off other victuals" to hand to travelling Kingstonian supporters.
The kitty is not so empty thanks to a donation from Ronsdog, but other contributions will be welcome Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Re: Kingstonian Sat 14 Oct
Reply #1 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 12:21pm

Well this will make this weekends game even more interesting, didn't see this coming!

Kingstonian manager Craig Edwards resigns from Bostik Premier side

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/20582/kingstonian-manager-...

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #2 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 1:46pm

Jimbo wrote on 11th Oct, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Well this will make this weekends game even more interesting, didn't see this coming!

Kingstonian manager Craig Edwards resigns from Bostik Premier side

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/20582/kingstonian-manager-...

Football even at our level never fails to surprise.....angst ridden Ks fans give their views....http://forum.kingstonian.net/thread/23410

They were certainly not enthused by the rearrangement of this weekends game as many had made plans to enjoy a weekend away on the sunrise coast in March 2018.

Rumour has it that Edwards will be stepping into the shoes of former Brightlingsea manager, James Webster, who quit after yesterday evenings victory over the Ks, to take over at Aveley.
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/brightlingsearegentfc/news/1st-team-manager-applic...
It certainly makes sense in view of Edwards Essex domicile and connections.

Hopefully we can take advantage of the seemingly chaotic circumstances that now surround the Ks and build on the Burgess Hill result.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #3 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 7:02pm

This home game having been brought forward 5 months from Easter Saturday (missing out on a decent Easter weekend home crowd??), sees  Kingstonian visit the Amber Dew events stadium under the interim management of Kim Harris.

http://www.kingstonian.com/news/kim-harris-appointed-interim-manager-2029007.htm...

During the week Craig Edwards handed in his notice and is rumoured to be Brightlingsea bound.

Town will be hoping to capitalise on their 5-0 victory at Burgess Hill Town the previous Saturday with another positive result for the home faithful to cheer, although there are bound to be a few absentees through injury still. Form wise, our visitors have lost 3 and won 3 in their last 6 and each scored 11 and conceded 11, 5 of which were leaked at Burgess hill ironically so.

Form; https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/for...

Our previous encounter saw town fall to a frustrating 3-2 defeat after twice going ahead.

Match centre; https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

match thread; http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1504698456

Hoping for a morale boosting home win to stem the falling attendances, incidentally i spoke to someone at work who had spoken to another match goer whom didn't realise we'd rescheduled a game and were at home. Hopefully the non Internet using section of the support will realise we have a game to see...

Come on you blues!

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #4 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 10:50pm

Jimbo wrote on 12th Oct, 2017 at 7:02pm:
Hoping for a morale boosting home win to stem the falling attendances, incidentally i spoke to someone at work who had spoken to another match goer whom didn't realise we'd rescheduled a game and were at home. Hopefully the non Internet using section of the support will realise we have a game to see...Come on you blues!

A job at last for Bill Posters then Jimbo...👍

I've yet to see one displayed in any shop/takeaway window on my brief visits to the town.....computer, paper, printer, shoe leather, bit of chat.....job done.

Engage with the town and perhaps they make take an interest in the clubs fortunes.
Small steps.......

Just a thought🤓

Meantime it will be a much changed Ks lineup from the game at Levred.

Injuries preclude a couple and inclination a few more.

Expect them to wilt after a strong opening.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #5 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 7:31pm

All very quiet on the forum, a win and no comments !!!

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #6 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 7:47pm

What a fine non league day that was !
fine weather, great pitch, two sides coming out to play and entertain  and the ref behaved himself.
No Rory meant another reshuffle with Adam back in midfield and Harry improving his left foot ( and it is by the way ).
A few good results seem to have made loads of difference as it wasn't until the last quarter and a few were blowing hard that Ben started kicking it long, the back four and Adam were showing for him all day . It helped the game no end as it stretched across the thirds and Kingstonian struggled to cut down the spaces created so we had possession in good areas and used it o.k'ish first half ( no criticisms as intent is the key ingredient )
A fine Jaciek free kick bouncing off the bar and a deft near post header from Sam promised more than we actually got but never mind the k's didn't even test Ben first half.
Credit to the midfield who worked probably too hard as it later turned out, protecting the back four and trying to support the battling Jake but our chances were petering out with poor final balls and a tightening up by the k's.
Then as we were contemplating who would be happier with  nil nil at half time some great persistence from Travis and a rash high foot by  a K  and we had a pen. Thankfully the keeper went the wrong way and Jake took us in ahead.
Second half different story - they came at us and didn't really relent until the end , the midfield were being cut through and it was the turn of the back four to show some mettle.Travis and Dean were impeccable but Harry and a much improving Callum impressed me even more . We rarely ventured into their half and Ben was finally showing his class with crosses and a flying save , then can the games deciding moments, they smack our bar with a great header and we go straight up the other end and an accurate final ball from Jaciek gives Jake the simplest of tap ins (thankfully  he had  the desire to be  there ).
Yes they got one back as a runner wasn't tracked on a corner and yes the hammered away at our backline for long periods but the will was strong and the points duly secured.
I could not have seen us winning such games for much of last season and some of this, so threadbare yes, bottom half yes, still, but with commitment like that, breeding more confidence  better times are coming.
I do like a little player summary - here goes
Ben - one day he will make a mistake - yet again today was not it - a player to enjoy before he gets scouted.
Callum- best game from him in my opinion ( only the homes to base it on ) worked had, was neat and came out ahead against his opponent - may need to shout more at Jaciek to pitch in when the opposition has a good spell.
Harry - worked tirelessly for the full ninety, didn't look out of place on the left ( I don't know if that's good for him or bad ! )  and

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #7 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 8:18pm

damn keyboard.
helped Cruise with the  positional stuff - looks a senior player now.
Dean- he is so good  to watch, calm, great on the ball and makes sure his weaknesses are not exposed, when the heat was on he  didn't change at all.
Travis - the harder it got the better he became, towering headers , tackles, blocks and he just wasn't going to let the win slip away- he could be start man every week.
Cruise- a more disciplined role duly carried out in such a mature way, Harry got help and his pace is obvious but he probably had my standout moment of the day with a crunching tackle near our box on a player much taller, from a young one that shows real character.
Jaciek - set up a goal and had a fine free kick hit the bar, worked himself into the ground but probably too early.
Adam- showed all day for the ball from the back but bypassed far too easily second half 
Sam= clearly still some fitness to come but shows sign of a real player, it got tough second half and he needed to do plenty of ugly stuff - he did
Harvey - he will always look as though there is more to come thanks to the flashes of high quality we get, his late switch out left helped Harry and gave us another out ball.
But the luminous boots  should be put away until he starts hitting the net from  10 yards - black it should be for now .
Josh - came on and shows signs of real pace- I hope he sticks with it and gets some more game time soon
Jake - will get the headline and my star man vote
still running and taking on all comers until the final whistle, at times he could have moaned for lack of support or service but just carried on doing the team ethic thing.He took on the poisoned chalice of penalty taker and didn't settle for one , good job he did in the end .
That back four will know they have been in a battle with him today.
Final thoughts - good day,a real scrap, some moments of fine quality, decent opposition who came to play and hats off to Ady and Dale they are getting a tune out of all of them- there is no room for passengers and we haven't got any at present.
Billericay  beware this lot are up for the fight.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #8 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 8:24pm

Photos taken by Shirley sent to the press
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212899642238072.1073742025.160056351...

Oh, and Billlericay is once again postponed as they didn't sail through the cup match and have to replay on Tuesday

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #9 - 15th Oct, 2017 at 9:15am

FT; Lowestoft 2-1 Kingstonian (1-0 HT). Attendance 391.

Another important 3 points ground out on what was a balmy October Saturday afternoon (thanks Ophelia). Town started brightly created chances with some nice passing and Ziggy cracked a dipping free kick against the bar at the same time the visiting keeper seemed to collide with the post, his knee seemingly taking the impact, the next few goal kicks were taken by the number 5. As the first half went on, the visitors found their way into the game and began to put pressure on town. At times we struggled to find a way forward, passing the ball along the back line trying to find a way forward which some of the spectators found frustrating. Right at the end of the half, an attack saw Travis race to the byline to save the ball going out but a high boot saw the ref award a penalty which eventually was slotted home calmly by Reed. The way the game was going you knew there wasn't going to be 5 goals to enjoy this time round.

Second half got underway as the grey clouds gave way to some bright sunshine and the visitors continue to put pressure on the home team, after having a very good game, Cruise was brought off for Greenleaf who looked quick and hungry for the ball, it was his pass across the pitch to Zielonka who in turn crossed to Reed for him to tap in Lowestoft's second goal. Soon after the pressure from the visitors paid off as they pulled a goal back. They had plenty of shots but only a few were on target, a few balls went into the courtyard of the flats behind the goal...

I do worry about our back line at times, especially when Kingstonian came forward no one seemed keen to close them down, for me at least - defending starts in midfield rather than waiting for the ball as it enters the penalty area, a risky game otherwise! On the final whistle a few of the visiting players fell to the ground knowing they should have taken more from the game.

Overall a good 3 points a good performance from the players who are continuing to click.

Tuesdays game at Billericay off due to their cup replay with Brackley following their 3-3 draw so Merstham away is next up next Saturday, another game hopefully to add to the unbeaten run.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #10 - 15th Oct, 2017 at 9:20am

Hopefully this video of the penalty will work for those not signed up to FB aswell;

https://www.facebook.com/125387694212053/videos/1515216691895806/

IP Logged

Blueblood

I deal in facts, not fiction!

Lowestoft
Reply #11 - 15th Oct, 2017 at 9:34am

Very lucky penalty in my opinion with the defender just trying to clear the ball but we will take it!. We were up against it second half but dug in really well for the points. I was impressed with Barker against a good number 7 and very impressed with Borrers tracking back to cover and block when needed. Was good to see Nyadzayo start again and he did really well; bringing Greenleaf on for him was timed perfectly I though though, to give the fresh Greenleaf some minutes and he played his part in the crucial second goal. Despite the two goals, Reed didn’t look as sharp as usual today but a great hardworking result with the whole team digging in.

Sometimes you have to win ugly. Well done lads!

I deal in facts, not fiction!

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #12 - 15th Oct, 2017 at 1:10pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search