Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Burgess Hill Town (A) 07/10/17 (Read 1,312 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Burgess Hill Town (A) 07/10/17
5th Oct, 2017 at 2:06pm

The Green Elephant Stadium is our next port of call on Saturday, when Burgess Hill are our hosts.

The Hillians have had an inconsistent start to the season and currently sit in 15th spot, with 12 pts from their nine games; Three losses,  three draws and three wins.

Their most recent win  a 5-1 drubbing of high flying Kingstonian on Tuesday evening, followed a 1-0 triumph over Wealdstone in the FA cup. A stunning strike on 90 mins
..https://mobile.twitter.com/Official_BHTFC/status/914213505582223360/video/1...
...secured their place in the 4th Qual Rd...... Their reward, a home tie v Dartford.

So it would appear that they are enjoying an upturn in form and we will have to be at our best to get anything from this one. Certainly they have improved since picking up Gary Elphick from Worthing and in Toure and Diau they possess match winners.

They were a relatively unknown quantity to us before we visited last season....
http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1488325534/0 .....we doubled them with a win back at the Meadow.

This is a tough game to call but the Hillians must start as favourites.
If offered I would take a point right now.
See you all there. 👍

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Burgess Hill Town (A) 07/10/17
Reply #1 - 5th Oct, 2017 at 7:24pm

See you there. Just booked a hotel part-way home to break the journey and send photos to the press  Smiley Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #2 - 6th Oct, 2017 at 12:20am

Plumstead Blue will not be making the trip due to the recent death of his father.

RIP Mr Walker senior.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Blueblood

I deal in facts, not fiction!

Lowestoft
Reply #3 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 3:14pm

Sorry to hear of the sad news about your Dad. Condolences to Plummy and his family.

IP Logged

Blueblood

Lowestoft
Reply #4 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 4:11pm

‪What an incredible 5-0 win on the road by the lads. Wasn’t there, so can’t really give any details. Goals by Reed x3, Nyadzayo and Greenleaf.
I think the team coach might be buzzing on the way home!  Super result  Smiley

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #5 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 5:02pm

Wrong blueblood reed x 2 Greenleaf  cruse and zielonka x 1

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #6 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 5:13pm

condolences to p.b  very sad , at least the lads did their best to lighten your spirits.
looking forward to some reports on this one.

IP Logged

Blueblood

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 5:55pm

swallows wrote on 7th Oct, 2017 at 5:02pm:
Wrong blueblood reed x 2 Greenleaf  cruse and zielonka x 1

All the twitter sites, Facebook pages and football sites are saying Reed hat-trick? However, if you were there I guess you must be right. Unless your sight has packed in  Cheesy

IP Logged

Blueblood

Lowestoft
Reply #8 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 6:47pm

The kitman has said we played the same formation we have been playing and lined up in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Can’t work out who the two in front of defence would have been (Cole and Borrer?). As can only work out a 4-1-4-1 formation of Dudzinski, Barker, McAuley, Leacock, Smith (4), Cole (1), Zielonka, Hodd, Borrer, Nyadzayo (4), Reed (1).

Either way it sounds like it’s starting to click. As for about three games Reed was very isolated but in the last couple of games the midfield have played a higher line and we’ve got numbers forward quicker to support Reed. Sounds like it really clicked today and the players have started to master it.

Really positive day; can’t wait for Saturday now!

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #9 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 6:49pm

Burgess Hill Town 0-5 (Five) Lowestoft Town

Charity begins at home and Burgess Hill proved that the adage holds true, as they provided benevolence in bucket loads this afternoon.
From a £3 entrance fee, to surrendering space and time on the park, they more than made this a Non League Day to remember.

Jake Reed had a field day terrorising a flaky home back line and he was ably assisted by the new addition Sam Borrer, Hodd  and Zielonka who completely dominated the midfield proceedings. When the home side did manage to provide a threat it was snuffed out by outstanding performances from McAuley, Leacock and the newly installed skipper Travis Cole. Travis was a rock all afternoon and is developing into a real Meadow favourite.

We rarely looked troubled at the back and it wasn't until the 35th minute that Dudzinski was called into action. After his heroics in keeping us in games all season he was due a quiet afternoon. His, and the teams reward was a well earned clean sheet.
This truly was the best performance I've seen as an awayster since we demolished Kingstonian at Kings Meadow last season. For those that didn't make it down to Sussex today you missed a performance that was both controlled and fluent in every department.

From the off we looked sharp and if it were not for the home keeper, Shaw, who denied Cruise and Reed with his feet and hands, we could have been three up inside ten minutes. We didn't have to wait long thereafter to break the deadlock when Cruise, after good work on the left, found himself one on one with Shaw. He made no mistake in opening his account for the Blues on 14 mins, as he passed the ball to the right of the home stopper. Reed bagged his first, of a brace on 35 mins, when again we split the defensive duo of Toure and Elphick, and slid the ball past the on rushing Shaw.

Both Hodd and Zielonka had further opportunities to extend our lead but the home stopper did well to parry both their efforts and we went into the break looking comfortable with a 2-0 lead.

Reed doubled his tally when he exploited the acres of space that the home centre backs afforded him and Zielonka chipped in with one before the hour mark. At times the pairing of Elphick and Toure were 25 yards apart in the centre of a very poor home back line...we punished their poor defending all afternoon and it was no surprise when the recently introduced Greenleaf scored the goal of the game. Receiving a well flighted through ball from Zielonka on his chest, he turned and hit an unstoppable drive on the volley past a deflated Shaw.

How Burgess Hill managed to put five past Kingstonian earlier this week defies belief on their showing today. We will not find many teams as charitable as our hosts today. So savour today's vintage performance. Billericay lay in wait next on our travels and they will be a much tougher outfit to break down.

If we can find width as we did today playing Cruise wide on the left then we offer something more than the normal hoof outball....as far as formation was concerned it seemed to me that we started with a four, four, one,one. But that changed as the game wore on and subs were introduced . We finished with a straightforward 442.

So the plaudits go to a team performance full of verve and confidence.
But, my man of the match award, which will surprise many, goes to one Steven Hughes, who controlled proceedings without fuss or the need to impose himself. Well played referee, he was barely noticed all afternoon. The mark of a good official in my opinion.

All in all a good day for both the team and us fans. Only four balls OOG. No winner as the shout was an agreed five.

I'm sure that as I tap this out, those on the bus home will be enjoying some of the Two Pint Ales carry outs provided by one of the more friendly and jovial bar staffs that we've encountered this season. Happy days 😀👍

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/isthmian-football-league-premier-divisi...

*Correction....
Zielonka scored on 50 mins not Reed
« Last Edit: 8th Oct, 2017 at 8:21am by Ronsdog »  

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #10 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 8:04pm

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #11 - 7th Oct, 2017 at 8:32pm

Fuckin' typical - I missed it!

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #12 - 8th Oct, 2017 at 8:48am

A superb result, didn't see that one coming, almost dropped my phone into my stein at Norwich Ocktoberfest when i saw we there 4-0 up!

Well done to the players, its finally beginning to click rather than a flash in the pan (hopefully).

IP Logged

ian t
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
Reply #13 - 8th Oct, 2017 at 2:44pm

thanks rd.
looking at the line up, wasn't bad was it, round pegs in round holes even with so many absentees.
Considering the season we are likely to have, loads of game time for the youngsters must now  be a viable proposition.

IP Logged

swallows

Come On The Blues

Reply #14 - 9th Oct, 2017 at 8:44pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search