Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leatherhead (A) 12/08/17 (Read 1,286 times)
Ronsdog
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Leatherhead (A) 12/08/17
9th Aug, 2017 at 9:53pm

Another season opens on Saturday and time to reacquaint ourselves with the South Western section of the M25 as we visit Levred.
A much changed outfit since our last visit ...http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1478180278

After Jimmy Bullard raised the clubs profile during his one season stint, the clubs board have opted for yet another eye catching appointment in the 29 year old rookie player/manager Sammy Moore......http://www.leatherheadfootballclub.co.uk/news/player-profile-sammy-moore-1847574...

His contact book would be the envy of many at this level and already he has brought on board proven goalscorer Jack Midson, who will double up with coaching responsibilities. Kandi a striker from Woking looked lively in pre season games and I would expect him to start alongside Midson. Others have joined from Orient, Wimbledon and a loanee keeper from Millwall.

If Moore manages to weld these recent acquisitions into a competitive unit then a top half finish looks likely. Their recent demolition of their tenants Kings 5-1 suggests that we can expect a testing encounter.

Let's hope that the carriage booked, manages to complete the journey unlike last years Bognor fiasco. http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1470584639/0

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Re: Leatherhead (A) 12/08/17
Reply #1 - 10th Aug, 2017 at 3:34pm

Train ticket booked out of Waterloo and new pen and notebook at the ready.

I'm really not too sure what to expect. I suppose on paper that a point would be a decent return - It would be a huge fillip if I was entertained for my admission money and travel, as way too many times in recent seasons has seen one slope to the bar with 10 left in the 1st period.

I'm going to have to get a team-sheet and get my face-recognition specs on as I don't have a clue who some of these players are.

The weather looks to be set fair - so no excuses!

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #2 - 10th Aug, 2017 at 9:15pm

Promises to be an interesting season opener, Leatherhead Press Officer Alfie Gates, with a few words about his club;

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/talking-to-leatherhead-1914817.html

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #3 - 10th Aug, 2017 at 11:58pm

I've lifted one paragraph from the Levred Press Officers inteview.................

Has Sammy Moore settled in well since replacing Jimmy Bullard?

Better than expected is what comes to mind when you read that question. Sammy is excited about being a player/manager, he's always speaking to me with ideas on how the club can gain publicity off the field as well as on the field. He's always happy to speak to the media despite the result, he's listening to the fans view and he's very honest about the club.which is great.....................

There's a lesson to be learned for AG there.

At best a pessimist is invariably proved correct, at worst he is pleasantly surprised...........😉

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Reply #4 - 12th Aug, 2017 at 8:24pm

Not really an awful lot to report from today in what was a disjointed performance. If it wasn't for the Polish lad in goals then it could have been a hiding, as he made several excellent saves that kept the scoreline respectable.

We mustered two attempts on target. One was a decent chance for Reed that their keeper saved well - Travis scored from a close-range header in stoppage time after a good delivery by Smith that was nothing more than scant consolation.

Read into this what you may, but it was the 17th minute before the Leatherhead keeper touched the ball - and that was to take a goal kick after a long ball over the top drifted out of play.

Credit to AG for pulling off Jarvis after only half an hour and bringing on White. The set-up wasn't working and he was aware of this.

I'm not going to judge the team on today's performance as we're clearly a work-in-progress, but we're going to have to create more chances if we want to be competitive. Performances akin to that today won't cut it.

Billericay will be interesting.

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Ronsdog
Forum Moderator

Exiled Trawlerboy

Plumstead London se18
Reply #5 - 12th Aug, 2017 at 10:35pm

Not much to add to PBs summing up on today.

Leatherhead exposed our defensive frailty again as they did last year with our central paring of Jarvis and Leacock badly lacking in pace. Kandi and Midson exploited this weakness at the back and took full advantage for the opener.

It was pretty much one way traffic for the rest of the half with both Levreds flank men causing problems.

1-0 at half time could well have been more if it were not for Dudzinski.

The second half was much the same until Levreds player manager took a knock and was replaced. Midsons second on 78mins was as a result of chaos in a hesitant and uncertain visitors defence. On another day, the X Wimbledon striker could have been taking home the match ball as he spurned a couple of further chances.

Hodd came on for the Blues and injected some life into an otherwise overrun midfield but it proved to be too little too late. 

Overall the home side proved more capable in every dept, keepers excepted, and their 2-1 victory was a fair reflection of the game.

The referee Jim Patterson did well to keep the lid on what might have been an opening day roughhouse. Six bookings but no early baths was testament to Mr Pattersons good judgement.

Only two balls out of the ground and no winner this week.
See you all on Tuesday evening when Trumplins troops come calling.
Hopefully McAuley will be available to steady, on today's evidence, a rather shaky looking back line.

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 - 13th Aug, 2017 at 9:25am

A bout of "Montezuma's Revenge" made me think that driving 3 hours each way would not be a good plan. The right decision as it turned out, a day in bed gave Shirley the chance to creosote the garden fence without interference from me but means there are no photos from her of this match.
On to the next match Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Reply #7 - 21st Nov, 2017 at 7:24am

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search