Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum

Views expressed on this forum are most definitely NOT
the views of Lowestoft Town Football Club.

LTFC Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
todays epic. (Read 5,995 times)
ian t
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Moderator

Come On The Blues

lowestoft
todays epic.
21st Dec, 2013 at 4:47pm

though I had better post before a night on the lash , which will be even more pleasant after todays game.
good to see Adam ( to the bench )  and Erkan ( filling Fisk's berth superbly ) fit again .
Seems strange to say but the first half was really entertaining with both sides trying to play , town having little choice facing a strong wind and yet neither keeper was tested.
second half  and they grey skies opened presenting Dulwich with an even tougher task than Town had first up.
two scrambled goals from fine inswinging corners from our most effective attacking  player again Robert Eagle  within 5 minutes of the restart and it was game over.
Robert also hit the bar, had two more long range drives well saved and is adding a level of consistency to his undoubted talent.
That is not to be detrimental to the rest of the side who all worked tirelessly and Stuart Ainsley had as fine a game as I  can recall, Erkan was similarly impressive ( keeping it simple is the key for those two ! )
The back four  never looked troubled by a Dulwich side who played into towns hands by trying to be intricate and as it turned out punchless.
Three bookings and Hendo limping off  allied to a paltry 389 crowd were the only negatives on a fine confidence boosting afternoon.
As mentioned many times before , they can perform against the top sides but putting a run together has proved elusive. Today just reaffirmed the obvious, they are talented , the bench was bare ( with due respects ) but it will mean very little if we succumb to Leiston boxing day.
At least they left us with an excuse to enjoy the festivities a little bit more ,as I am about to do !!

IP Logged

Plumstead Blue
Forum Admin

A Professional (small
minded) Idiot

Re: todays epic.
Reply #1 - 21st Dec, 2013 at 5:43pm

Thanks for the report, Ian. A very welcome 3 points as a defeat would have left us 9 points off the play-off place and 14 points behind Bognor. Today was a '6 pointer' in every sense.

As for Stuart Ainsley, I said after last weeks match that I thought he was a stand-out.

Here's hoping the weather abates and we put in a performance against an improving Leiston.

Enjoy your drink!

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”

IP Logged

Tickets
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

GNU Terry Pratchett

Reply #2 - 21st Dec, 2013 at 7:34pm

Thanks for your report, ian t. We were saying 20 minutes into the first half what a great opener of a match it was, with good football and passing being played by both sides.
In my opinion the first half was the best this season, evenly matched sides playing attacking football (was Lowestoft using a 424 formation?).
A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, despite the driving chill wind and the sort of penetrating rain which is like a heavy mist. An afternoon of determination from the teams, and from those of us in the small but vocal crowd who had decided not to succumb to the retail madness of the last Saturday before Xmas.  Smiley

“If people are busy living out myths you don’t like, leave them to it.”
― Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren

Images by Shirley D Whitlow are posted with the permission of the copyright holder Shirley D Whitlow, who retains full copyright.

IP Logged

Uncle Albert

LTFC Supporter

Reply #3 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 8:23am

A really entertaining game of football played between two teams that wanted to play football in atrocious conditions. I think we could and should have been ahead at half time as some of our approach play was quick and incisive, our forwards were just not able to get on the end of decent crosses. Rob Eagle was very good, yet again, and Erkan more or less bossed mid field. Ashley hardly had a thing to do all afternoon whilst the Dulwich made some very important saves in the second half. I feared the worst after reading the Journal but the lads pulled out the stops. All the players on the pitch deserve praise for their efforts, the officials do not. Rob's booking was deserved but curtly and Manni never should have been booked and the ref only saw the Twons chaalenges as fouls. Well done all, the missing fans lost out. Happy Christmas everybody, enjoy.

IP Logged

Jimbo

Lowestoft
Lowestoft 2-0 Dulwich Hamlet
Reply #4 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 12:59pm

Despite the tough conditions, heavy pitch, swirling wind and in the second half horizontal drizzle, it was a good game of football to watch despite the best efforts of a nightmare referee. Erkan Okay was clearly making his pitch for the midfield berth in Fisk's absence and worked excellently with Rossi Jarvis  - great to see the latter get on the scoresheet. Sam Gaughran is becoming very handy at corners and did excellently to put us 1-0, not having much space to squeeze the ball home. Some great individual performances, Rob Eagle my player of the season so far was superb in his work rate and creativity.

After Jarvis made it 2-0, Jake Reed made it 3-0 and no way was it offside!! I swore stood behind the goal agreeing with others there, that he came from behind a defender to pounce on the rebound. Some days you get them some days you don't.

Credit to the groundsman for making sure the game went ahead smoothly. The attendance of 389 was disappointing, where is everyone? You're missing out on some good football. I can sympathise with those who at this time of the year need to watch the pennies or have other commitments they can't get out of but there must be those who don't choose to come because we're not as high up in the league as we were last year or think they won't get value for money in some way? It's their free choice and  loss.

Finally many thanks to all those who helped with the Trawlerboys Christmas tombola and to those who bought tickets, just over £100 was raised.

Merry Christmas to you all, see you at Leiston on Boxing Day!

IP Logged

gingerblue

Mick & Ady's Blue & White
Army - LTFC

Oulton Broad
Reply #5 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 4:06pm

A great team performance from our lads, we may be low on numbers but our team spirit is superb.

A special mention to our groundsman
DAVID PAGE
for his hard work during the previous four days to give us as good a playing surface as possible.
GREAT WORK DAVID and THANKYOU

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Smiley

IP Logged

Tooleys left boot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 3:10am

Great report Reggie. I think Rob Eagle and Sam Gaughran are my choices for PotS at the moment with Rob just edging it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

© Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum 2008 - - Lowestoft Town FC Fans Forum Is Sponsored By The Fans

Custom Search